Fwd: A voice from death row

  • crystalpyramid@foodforall.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:45:57 -0700
      Subject: A voice from death row
      From: "Amnesty International USA" <alerts@...>

      149951ab.jpg
      149951b5.jpg 149951b5.jpg
      Continue supporting Troy Davis!
      149951c9.jpg
      149951d3.jpg

      Dear

      Because of you, Troy Davis is still alive today. Listen to Troy thank you personally.

      Last July, despite strong evidence of his innocence, Troy Davis came within 24 hours of execution by the state of Georgia. Thanks to the 34,000 individuals who sent appeals, Troy was granted a 90-day stay.  Listen to Troy tell his story and personally thank you for all your efforts.

      The Georgia Supreme Court will decide if Troy gets a new trial and an opportunity to finally present evidence that has never been heard in court. Listen to Troy share his experience:

      • There was no physical evidence against Troy Davis.
      The weapon used was never found. The case against him consisted entirely of witness testimony. 7 of the 9 non-police witnesses have recanted or contradicted their testimony. Many of these witnesses have stated that they were pressured or coerced by the police. One of the witnesses who has not recanted is the principle alternative suspect. Nine individuals have signed affadavits implicating this suspect as the actual shooter. Troy Davis has never had a hearing in federal court on the reliability of the witness testimony used against him. Troy's life was temporarily spared, yet the possibility of his execution still remains if he is not granted a new hearing or trial. Please sign the petition today,  and ask five of your friends to do the same.

      Together, we’ll send a strong message to the Georgia authorities that when it comes to the death penalty, fairness matters.

      In solidarity,

      149951dd.jpg

      Larry Cox
      Executive Director

      149951b5.jpg 149951b5.jpg
      149951b5.jpg
      Do not reply to this message. Messages sent to this email address are not read. If you have a question or comment, please use our interactive online help system. 149951e7.jpg Subscribe to our RSS feeds.