'A Cherokee Feast of Days..........October 3 ( TWO )

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2007

      ~ Our people possessed remarkable powers of concentration.....
      and I sometimes fancy that such nearness to nature.....keeps [us] in

      touch with unseen powers. ~

      CHARLES EASTMAN, PHYSICIAN - SANTEE DAKOTA

      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

      Elder's Meditation of the Day - October 3

      "Spiritual Values are an Attitude."

      --Leonard George, Chief Councilor

      Attitude is a direction which we follow.
      If you have a positive attitude, it means you will lean
      towards a positive direction.
      If you have a negative attitude, it means you will lean away from the
      Spirit. Therefore, if we lean toward spiritual values, then our actions
      will become significant and important. If we lean away from spiritual values,
      our actions will become insignificant or unimportant. For
      example, if we value love, we will lean towards it;
      we will prefer to express and embrace it.

      Great Spirit, teach me the significance of spiritual values.

        Great Spirit, grant me the strength of eagles wings,
      the faith and courage to fly to new heights,
      and the wisdom to rely on his spirit to carry me there.

      May we all live in peace, love and harmony,
       experiencing each day as a sacred gift
       woven around the heart of wonder.
      From My Heart,
      © ~Barbara A Bailey~