'A Cherokee Feast of Days..........October 3 ( ONE )

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2007

      The first crystal clear morning after days of blue mist is like music
      after a long silence. Even the cool air does not dampen the
      spirits of domestic animals and those that live in the woods.
      A young bobcat in prime coat wanders along the rock ledges in full view
      but unaware of interested eyes. No doubt he hunts for field mice and
      that explains why the barn cats have stayed so close to home. We
      have not felt the extremes of oncoming winter, but time will insure it.
      Meantime, adjust, adjust. Don't be taken by surprise.
      Prepare for change and the unexpected within change.

      ~ Our people possessed remarkable powers of concentration.....
      and I sometimes fancy that such nearness to nature.....keeps [us] in

      touch with unseen powers. ~

      CHARLES EASTMAN, PHYSICIAN - SANTEE DAKOTA

      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler