Quotes about Freindship, Rewards and Achievement

  • Patti Garrett
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2007
      Hello everyone on this lovely fall day:

      Good day to all of you and I do hope that your day is going just as you would like it to go.

      While doing some more clearing out of my inbox files, I came across the first quote that I felt led to share with all of you, and then the others I just threw in for good measure.  I do hope some of you find some food for thought in these words today, just as I did.

      First:

      "A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths;
      Feels your fears but fortifies your faith;
      Sees your anxieties but frees your spirit;
      recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities."
      -----William Arthur Ward, educator

      Next:

      "Friendship is the only cement that will ever
      hold the world together."
      -----Woodrow Wilson

      Then:

      "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it,
      but what they become by it."
      -----John Ruskin

      And, last but not least:

      "It is an achievement for a man to do his duty on earth,
      irrespective of the consequences."
      -----Nelson Mandela

      Personally, I really enjoyed reading the first two and being reminded of what friendship really is because sometimes, people seem to forget what being a friend really does mean.  And then, I selected the other two because of a telephone conversation I had with a special on-line friend yesterday.  Sometimes when we do things in life we either want to do or feel led to do, we are put down for our efforts rather than being thanked or being rewarded for them.  It is at those times that what we become because of the things that we have done mean more than any reward we might ever receive.  And then, too, as Nelson tells us, we all do have a duty or a purpose in life and once we find out what that is -- and know for sure it is what we were put on this earth for -- we need to work on that purpose daily, no matter what.   However, if you are like a lot of people (and I include myself in that number) and you are not totally sure of what your life purpose is, be sure that you have a reason for everything you do that might have a consequence you are not ready to accept.

      All of these words today gave me a lot of food for thought, so maybe some of them will do the same for some of you as well.

      Do continue to enjoy your day and may it be filled with joy and touched by love in whatever way you might need.

      For all of you who consider yourselves my friend, even though it is only on-line, I do thank you from the bottom of my heart.

      Peace, love, light, joy and angel hugs,

      Patti

      P.S. As for the graphic, I am not sure right now who made it but do know that it came from a group I subscribe.  I tried to download the name of the creator, but it did not download.  So I am not sure if this was made by Angel Judy or Gaele or Roberta, or even PatchesAngel, but do believe it was made by one of them.  I used it today because it is the only graphic I could find in my pictures files that had a bunch of women together, and since it depicted what I was trying to say today about friends, I used it, and do hope that I did not violate any kind of rules by using it.  If I did, I apologize and will not use it again, if someone tells me that I am not supposed to.

      You all know that I do not do graphics myself, something I have just never been able to learn on my own because I am one of those people who has to either go to a class or have hands-on experience to learn something like this, so since I have never had either opportunity, I just continue to enjoy the creativity and beauty of graphics made by others.  But, for me, it would be really great if those who create any graphics would put their initials somewhere in the graphic, like Polly Menendez and Gaele Arnott usually do.  In that way, their graphics would always be identified and they would always receive credit for their creativity and artistry.

      Anyway, I do hope you all enjoyed these words today, as well as this graphic, whoever created it.