Today's Discovery

  • Barbara Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      Good Day!
      Well..actually it was last nights discovery.
      I take the dogs out for an evening walk sometimes.
      Last evening however I decided to take them out in the evening because it was way to hot during the day.
      So we're a walkin' along...Im a singin' as I usually do at the top of my lungs.Just having such a good ole' time visiting with the woodland critters.
      I like to pick wildflowers in the mornings. I was looking at odd shaped sticks & rocks.
      "What was that" ? my mind called out to me ....."no wait what is that" ?....aaaaawwwwwwww
      A Baby Hawk had fallen out of its nest. Well at least that is what Mike thinks.
      I had to leave quickly last evening so as not to let our dogs scare it to death.
      We went back this morning and took it some breakfast.It was still there almost in the same spot where i left it.
      Later we will go & check on it. We have a cage all set up for it just in case we have to bring it home.
      It may have been orphaned. It is so so so so cute!
      I have an extreme fondness & connection to the hawk.
      I'll keep ya posted.
      Barbara