The Buddha & the Buddhu ~ A Poem by Nachi

  • nachi2006@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      Nature

      333
      magnify

      1
      **

      Buddha is an enlightened, awakened soul
      Buddhu is an silly, enchanted fool..
      they are spelled much the same..
      aha, but their meaning is entirely different..
      but for their last alphabet they seem the same, in writing
      to a layman..both are intriguing

      for one he has utmost respect
      and for other he has nothing but contempt

      2
      **

      One is a perfect self-enlightened soul,
      with an unsurpassed knowledge of the world ,
      the blessed one, the teacher of humans & Gods,
      a worthy one, perfected in knowledge & conduct,
      the blessed one

      and the other is a daydreamer, forever lost in thoughts
      held to ransom by the future & the past.

      3
      **

      we are spiritual beings living in the physical world
      each one of is a Buddha in making..
      with limitless possibilities & having abundance of love..

      and we are foolhardily, at the same time
      to believe what everything that our mind tells us?
      having all the limiting beliefs, fears & doubts
      trusting our mind but not divine that resides inside of us..
      the one that speaks to us through our heart..

      4
      **

      Oh, how beautiful we are..how precious, loving & rare
      and what strange entrapment is this..

      to be so near this abundant river of joy
      and yet so far..seemingly thousand miles far

      that our heart knows & understands all there is..
      and speaks the language of love
      but we think with our mind
      and stop one step before meeting our soul.

      I don't think myself to be Buddha.. & I am not against mind. I am not condemning it..nor do I think is inferior.

      It would take much to write to explain..I have written this poem for myself..stemming from my life experiences and feelings..but I have also written it for everyone..

      I just felt to write this poem..because I am battling with the sides, powers inside of me..one is mind and the other is heart. There are things that my heart feels..that seem like coming from a different world..perhaps there is a certain deep connection inside of me that connects to the divine..and yet in the outside, physical world..I am very naive, simple and vulnerable..

      Its strange..reality..life..and trying to understand it..for it changes it colour and shape..everytime I try to probe it..

      The spiritual side says.."You are dear to God..much loved & cared for..and you will find your path".. and the mind says.."You are done for..You are in a pickle..say goodbye now..while You have a chance.."

      Don't know who is more right of them all..

      Just felt to write. thats all.

      Much Love n Hugs,

      Nachi