Simply, the present moment - 4th July

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2007
      Today in the United States of America is a national holiday whereby they, as a country celebrate their independence from the British Crown.
      A copy may be found of the document at this URL: (one of many sites)

      The declaration changed the course of history for many countries, not just the USA.
      For us here in Australia it was the beginning of colonisation by the British. No longer able to send people from their overflowing prisons to America, the British Admiralty needed somewhere far from their own shores - and so first South Africa was tested and then Australia was found to be 'just what they needed'
      As with any event each has consequences - some good - some not so good.
      Some we celebrate and some are never mentioned again.
      Always there is a picture waiting to unfold, taking us to the next stage of growth and movement.
      I wonder what would have happened to Australia if it hadn't been required as a dumping ground?
      As with any situation we can't go back and change the course of events - we grow and learn and create new thought and behavioural patterns.
      We may not celebrate the 4th of July as do the citizens of the USA, but we can honour their day with them.
      Their politics and foreign policies may affect us in ways we would've have preferred not to know but we are still a world community, sharing the joy and heartaches of each other's path.
      We travel together during this lifetime for a purpose. Hopefully, it's towards creating a better place for those generations which come along after us.
      By understanding and recognising the joy and patriotism found within the structure of the USA's shores we all learn to walk taller as we understand the art of unconditional love. Compassion for each other.
      We each undertake each day to be the best we can be
      and so it is with countries. For that period they are they best they can be - today.
      Tomorrow there may be new policies and new learning.
      Today, we share with the USA - the joy.
      it is in love from my heart and soul to your heart and soul
      Gaele Arnott , from here in Brisbane, Australia on Wednesday the 4th July, 2007
         Wo Oh Ni Ai  (I love You)

      Though the Fourth of July is iconic to Americans, some claim the date itself is somewhat arbitrary. New Englanders had been fighting Britain since April 1775. The first motion in the Continental Congress for independence was made on June 4, 1776. After hard debate, the Congress voted unanimously, but secretly, for independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain on July 2 (see Lee Resolution). The Congress reworked the text of the Declaration until a little after eleven o'clock, July 4, when the twelve colonies voted for adoption and released a copy signed only by John Hancock, President of the Congress, to the printers. (The New York delegation abstained from both votes.) Philadelphia celebrated the Declaration with public readings and bonfires on July 8. Not until August 2 would a fair printing be signed by the members of the Congress, but even that was kept secret to protect the members from British reprisals.

      John Adams, credited by Thomas Jefferson as the unofficial, tireless whip of the independence-minded, wrote to his wife Abigail on July 3, 1776:

      The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.

      Adams was off by two days, however. Certainly, the vote on July 2 was the decisive act. But July 4, 1776 is the date on the Declaration itself. Jefferson's stirring prose, as edited by the Congress, was first adopted by the July 4 vote. It was also the first day Philadelphians heard the official news of independence from the Continental Congress, as opposed to rumors in the street about secret votes.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day_(United_States)

      Today's graphic was created by Gaele in PSP IX
      Please note that should you wish to reply to this email and have received it through Google groups you need to address the post through gaele.arnott@...  as "simplythe present moment" group is a send only group and does not receive any posts.
      If you were unable to see the graphics in this post they are  archived at:

      should you wish to be subscribe to the moment list please email me at: gaele.arnott@...
      There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. It is my intent that the music is used to enhance the healing within the message and  graphic shared with you. If  you enjoyed this music, please support the artists by purchasing their music

      The Peace Candle
      I ask that you join me, each day at your dinner hour (evening meal) in lighting a candle together, so that we as One People may join voices together for Peace On Earth.
      Peace will come when we are all free to love with compassion each other, as One family, without the constrictions of past beliefs. Together we can create a reality free of fear, greed and manipulation, where all people in all lands may have the freedom to move freely in joyful harmony.
      spelling used in this article is Australian English and is checked with the Australian Macquarie Dictionary
          © Gaele Arnott July 2007
          Permission is given to share this post. Please leave all credits intact.