  • ilanalotus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      Dear All/One,

      Via the archives of worldpuja.org, you can listen to many
      inspirational interviews and talks. I love Maureen Moss and Dr. Meg
      for their allowance, openess of spirit and the love and care they

      Today I listened to an interview with Michael Tamura and here is a
      page of his writing:

      Hopi Prophecy Rock in AZ REFLECTIONS..................By Michael J
      "To err is human," penned the English poet-satirist, Alexander Pope,
      in An Essay on Criticism and completed his thought, "to forgive

      Forgiveness emerges only to benefit humanity. Divinity, infinite
      and eternal, the all and unchanging, can never be guilty of
      wrongdoing, is free of blame and cannot ever hold a judgment. Thus,
      God needs no forgiveness. We humans, on the other hand, need the
      ever-liberating grace of forgiveness and, without it, we cannot even
      breathe our first breath. It is the "Open Sesame!" that frees each
      of us out of the depths of isolation and loneliness. It is our only
      ticket home.
      Of course, we are our worst tormentors. No one metes out punishment
      to us like we can. We like to imagine, however, that it is really
      the big, bad boogey-man who did it to us. It lets us off the karmic
      hook: We're innocent, law-abiding, God-fearing people. Well, that's
      just it: God-fearing. The more we seek God, the more we come to
      realize how terrified we have been. That fear is the very chasm we
      have excavated to distance ourselves from the All. Forgiving
      ourselves is the only requisite to erase that seemingly unbridgeable
      gap. Yet, we hesitate right on God's stoop, roses in hand, forever
      doubting ourselves, unwilling to risk losing the love of our life by
      the simple act of ringing the doorbell.

      We regularly extradite aspects of ourselves that we perceive not to
      measure up. We make parts of us fugitives from the rest of us.
      Divided, we are conquered - not by others from without, but from our
      own ignorance and fear within. If, however, we explored but a
      little more carefully, attentively and deeply, we would discover
      treasure chests overflowing with beauty, grace, and wonder.

      For instance, we easily admire the record-holders and record-
      breakers, whether they excel in the sports arena, theatrical stage,
      concert hall, classroom, business or techno-scientific field. It
      isn't difficult for us either to behold in awe saints, living or
      dead, who have walked the earth tending to the outcasts of society,
      the sick, the injured, the forsaken. We also regularly look up to
      the great leaders and statesmen and wonder how they can be the way
      they are and do what they do. Their names and feats often make
      their way into the history books even long after they are gone from
      this world. They leave giant footprints for all the rest of us to
      look to for guidance, solace, hope, inspiration and education.

      Yet, everywhere I look in this world among less celebrated human
      beings, I see such beauty and greatness. For one, I've been
      privileged to know a girl with such tenderness whose intelligence
      cuts through the fogs of ignorance of the society around her. Yet,
      she cannot stand, walk, or sit up by herself and must be propped up
      to just remain seated - she was born with cerebral palsy. She
      inspires me. As does her mother who is the girl's greatest champion
      and guardian: A courageous, strong, bright and loving warrior
      willingly laying down her own life, day-after-day, to help navigate
      the turbulent seas of her daughter's precious life. I am humbled in
      their presence and the great art of the masters pale next to the
      masterpiece they paint on the canvas of their relationship with one

      Another: I've been blessed to know a young woman who travailed at
      the very precipice of life for over thirteen grueling years to
      summit the Everest of brain cancers - one of the most deadly tumors
      known to modern medicine. Once a perfectly healthy, beautiful and
      intelligent young woman, she had suddenly fallen through that
      crevasse of terror and pain with neither insurance nor an
      instruction manual. She created her own not-for-profit organization
      to help finance the prodigious medical and other expenses incurred
      in her healing journey. Forgiving herself of the guilt and shame
      for a formerly independent and self-sufficient individual of asking
      for every kind of assistance, she shared her victories and defeats
      with an ever-expanding loving and supportive community. Although
      cancers show up in individuals, it is a community illness. And
      through her courage and determination, she rallied a whole community
      into a massive healing journey. We were all healed through the
      miracle of her complete return to wholeness in spirit and in body.

      As for myself, I, too, have known wondrous joyfulness in the midst
      of agony. And in recent weeks some of the greatest of those moments
      were those in which I had received precious gifts of compassion,
      understanding, communication and healing from those who were, years
      ago, my students. There are no feelings that quite compare with the
      rapture that follows one's realization that your former student has
      surpassed the teacher. It feels like the ultimate graduation gift.

      We could go on and on. We could "talk story" till the snow melts
      off of Mt. Shasta. For everywhere, in every one of us, there are
      countless miracles and the most amazing gifts of spirit. Look for
      them. They are there. Right in your front yard and right next
      door. They are all around us and they are all within us.

      It is at times during the darkest of our nights, that we discover
      the way to forgiveness and healing. When we are up against that
      terrifying and seemingly unknowable enemy, if we happen to look down
      at our feet at the instant the lightning flashes across the sky, we
      can remember that we are indeed standing at God's doorstep and all
      we need is courage enough to forgive ourselves. We can then
      consider ringing that doorbell.

      May a Profound Peace Prevail Throughout Your Life. With love always,

      p.s. He wakes up every morning and before opening his eyes and
      says: Take me to that which gives every thing. And he suggest that
      whenever we need help....to Choose God, Choose God and Choose God
      till we become God.

      with Love,