Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

To Share Some News on My Ex-Husband

Expand Messages
  • Patti Garrett
    Hello everyone: I had logged off when I got my fourth phone call from my ex-band today, the first three to let me know he was okay and where he was now (he is
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14 9:25 PM
      Hello everyone:
      I had logged off when I got my fourth phone call from my ex-band today, the first three to let me know he was okay and where he was now (he is in rehab for a few days after being released from the hospital this morning) and may end up staying longer, if he feels as if he needs to), and to ask for telephone numbers of our kids so he could return all the calls he got on his cell phone while he was in a coma for two weeks.
      It was during this conversation that I found out what had really happened to him when he passed out a day or so after his surgery.  Initially, they had thought that this was caused by his reaction to not drinking, but since then I have come to know that he was actually in a coma for two weeks after his surgery because his body was reacting to the antibiotics he was taking.  It totally rejected them and caused his body to shut down, so it looks as if he was in worse shape that they had initially thought, which is why they gave him a brain scan last Friday, to see if his brain had been affected in any way during his ordeal.
      When he stayed unconscious so long,  I had a real problem understanding the turn of events in his case because I know someone who was a full-blown alcoholic when they had  emergency surgery and he was only affected by alcohol withdrawal for about a week and then he came out of it totally.  And I knew how much he drank each night -- a twelve pack -- beer -- so I thought if Arnold was out for two weeks, he must really be a full-blown alcoholic plus. 
      Apparently because this is something that does not happen that often at the hospital where he is, the staff just assumed that his actions and unconscious state was caused by his body needing alcohol because of how he was acting, but that was not the case at all, which is probably why he is now resenting the fact that his sister wants him to stay in rehab for three months and not three days and also wants to force him to start going to A.A. immediately.  
      Since this bit of information has come out and he really had no effects of alcohol withdrawal after his surgery (because he told me just now that he really only drinks occasionally, not every day as I had been told by my middle daughter), I can't say that I blame him for getting upset at his sister for wanting him to stay there that long when he does not have a real problem.   And just think of the hospital bill that will appear because of an extra three months of care which includes counseling for alcoholism three times a day, three hours each for three months.
      So I just wanted to share this news with all of you and again tell everyone who joined me in prayer for him how grateful I am to you and what big hearts you all have for helping me out in this particular situation.
      I am just so very glad that I now know the real truth and that he seems to be on the road to full  recovery, just as soon as he recovers completely from his surgery and gets his strength back.
      Once again, I am reminded of how wonderful it is to have friends on-line who I believe will support me any time I am in need of their help and who never fail to be there for me -- each time I need a helping hand or a helping heart -- for anything.   So thanks once for being in my life and most of all -- as always -- thanks so very much for being my friend.
      Peace, love, light, joy and angel hugs,
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.