Please cosponsor S. 117

  • ckosuda@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 8:17 PM
      Last week, the American people learned that we are failing our service members and veterans across-the-board.

      The Washington Post revealed the appalling conditions at Walter Reed and the failure of DoD to provide basic care. Newsweek exposed the inadequacies of the VA, and the Associated Press showed that the immense psychological readjustment needs of this generation of veterans are being ignored.

      Our service members and veterans are being treated by a disjointed combination of programs designed decades ago for a military with a drastically different set of needs than we face today.

      We need 21st Century solutions for 21st Century challenges.

      Along with Veterans for America, I encourage you to ask your members of Congress to work with DoD and the VA to identify the unique needs of our newest generation of veterans and develop comprehensive programs that allow our service members and veterans to achieve parity with their non-veteran peers. Our country owes them no less -- and no more.

      It only takes a moment, and could make a big difference in the lives of our nation's veterans.

      http://www.VeteransforAmerica.org/index.cfm/page/memberhome/action/action/CampaignID/30

      http://www.VeteransforAmerica.org