Simply, the present moment - listening?

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007

      We all hear things with a different perspective and interpretation.
      There is the story of the New York editor who sent 4 journalists to cover the fire of a large building which extended over an entire block. Each journalist stood on  a different corner interviewing people. All four stories when written appeared unrelated to the other. Each journalist heard something different. All were correctly reported and yet appeared different and unrelated.
      Do you ever remember playing a game as child of passing a whispered message around a large circle of people? The end result bore no resemblance to the first sentence uttered from No. 1 to no. 2 person. Each person hears and reports on how they hear it.
      Is it right or wrong?
      Well, in the case of the journalists reporting on the fire - all versions are correct. In reading all four versions, we the reader gain a greater overall picture of what happened at the fire.
      Maybe in passing the message we need to be more accurate in how we listen and endeavour not to put our own interpretation on the meaning of the word. It may be life and death in reporting the exact wording used.
      In all language one word may have different meanings, depending on the sound and tone of our voice at time of pronunciation. Our emotion also comes into how we hear and interpret words.
      These days, at least here in Australia, doctors encourage patients to bring family and friends along to discuss the prognosis and treatment of the case. By ourselves the information may be overwhelming, in terminology we don't quite understand. Someone else asks questions not yet in our thoughts. Expecting the worst, that's what we hear and then begin to emulate. We create for ourselves the reality we believe to be truth. To listen more carefully is a goal to which we could all aspire. If in doubt as to the truth of the message then we should wait. Be patient and ask again. You can try for yourself and tell a story to several people and then see how many versions there are. It's not a judgement on anyone, we each relate to that part which affects us the most. We often want certain things to be true. So that's how we interpret what we have heard. It's not easy to detach and remain outside of the emotion of the event. We are afterall, human and are here to understand and experience all aspects of emotion. We will hear and understand all the truth when we are ready. In the meantime we do our best within the understanding of the limits we place on ourselves.
      When I first began practising as a naturopath/herbalist I was surprised at how people misinterpreted diagnosis, so I developed a habit of having the person repeat and discuss. It developed for me into the beginnings of understanding empowerment and not being afraid to tell someone something they didn't want to hear. Sometimes the client would leave and go to other practitioners who told them how they wanted it to be. After a time they always came back saying you were right, why did I waste time and money trying other versions. We need all versions in order to grow and be ourselves. To learn about ourselves and understand our truth we need to listen. We need to be courageous enough to ask "how did you hear the story" - is our experience the same and if we saw and heard differently then how does this affect me? What is my truth? No one else can answer except you. Your truth is never wrong, for you. It's just how it's meant to be right now. Tomorrow you can change the course direction if you hear another version of truth or you may choose to stay with how it was.
      This is personal empowerment and learning to live in the flow of the moment.
      Wo Oh Ni Ai
      it is in love from my heart and soul to your heart and soul
      Gaele Arnott from here in Brisbane, Australia on Friday the 2nd March, 2007
      Today's graphics were created by Gaele in PSP IX
      It is my intent that each day's graphic and music contribute to the healing for the Planet and in any way which is appropriate for you. If you sit with just the graphic and the music, the words become secondary. The words are only my description of the intent within the art.
      all photos used in today's graphic were taken by me on a Kodak EasyShare C503
      should you wish to be subscribe to the moment list please email me at: gaele.arnott@...
      or subscribe through:
      Wo Oh Ni Ai (I love You)
      The midi playing is: Visions
       There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. It is my intent that the music is used to enhance the healing within the message and  graphic shared with you. If  you enjoyed this music, you are encouraged to purchase the CD
      The Peace Candle
      I ask that you join me, Gaele each day at the dinner hour (evening meal) in lighting a candle together, so that we as One People may join voices together for Peace On Earth.
      Peace will come when we are all free to love with compassion each other, as One family, without the constrictions of past beliefs. Together we can create a reality free of fear, greed and manipulation, where all people in all lands may have the freedom to move freely in joyful harmony.