Halal living

  • Rupunda. Moving with the Rainbow Wind an
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2007
      Halal living

              I  Share My Column today

              Rupunda

        L I F E S T Y L E

      Sunday February 4, 2007

      Halal living

      Halal living is a concept that encompasses daily living, including speech, behaviour and conduct, as well as dietary laws.

      WHAT is the meaning of the word halal? The use of the term varies between Arabic-speaking communities and non-Arabic-speaking ones.

      In Arabic-speaking countries, the term is used to describe anything permissible under Islamic law, in contrast to haram, that which is forbidden. This includes behaviour, speech, dress, conduct, manner and dietary laws.

      In non-Arabic-speaking countries, the term is most commonly used in the narrower context of just Muslim dietary laws, especially where meat and poultry are concerned, though it can be used for the more general meaning as well. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal).

      This column is not about religious teachings or laws; anyway, these can be misinterpreted, and instead of guiding us forward, such misinterpretations keep us in the dark ages. This column is about the Rainbow Message and our Rainbow Journey. So halal living is about being Fit4Life, which is what this section of The Star is for.

      In non-Arabic-speaking countries, the term halal is most commonly used in the narrower context of just Muslim dietary laws.
      Halal living does not have separate meanings for men and women, and if we understand the religious teachings properly, we will see that these teachings do not differentiate between men and women. Teachings that differentiate between the sexes are more cultural, and these have been propagated by the unenlightened in earlier times after the Prophet ascended. Over time, such teachings have been accepted without question. Even though our teachings tell us to question and not accept without question, we have been moulded into accepting without questioning – hardly halal.

      Halal living is about being in balance – the body, mind and spirit in balance with the divine universe every moment of the day. Only when we see everyone as the same regardless of race or religion can we say we are living in balance, or living a halal life.

      Living a halal life is much more important than eating halal food if we are Muslims. Eating halal food while living a non-halal life is hypocrisy at its greatest. Halal living is something we should all be aspiring to – remember that halal living is about behaviour, speech, dress, conduct, manner and dietary laws.

      Vision 2020 is about halal living. Our Nation must become halal in all we do, especially in business and politics. We must realise that money politics and corruption are haram and contribute to the imbalance and negative consciousness our nation suffers from. What our nation suffers is what we suffer and vice versa.

      In Malaysia, we love plans and manuals, yet when it comes to living what we write about, that is another story. The Holy Books of all faiths guide us in halal living, yet for all we claim to be a spiritual nation with spiritual values, we accept haram activities so easily.

      There is no point in praying as our religions teach us and then go about living a non-halal lifestyle. There is no point insisting on halal products and then living a non-halal lifestyle.

      Some crystals to help us stay in balance are aventurine and Herkimer diamond quartz.

      Aventurine awakens the magical child that is within us.
      Aventurine

      Its colour ranges from green, rarely blue, to gold. It is intimately connected to the 4th (heart) and 6th chakras (third eye).

      Aventurine calls to the spiritual wayfarer within us. It is an invitation to move into a sphere of action where all things are possible. It is a reminder too that we are not restricted to this world, but can roam freely throughout the worlds and universes. We are restrained only to the extent as to how we see ourselves.

      Aventurine is known as the stone of spiritual love, travel and adventure. It is a mystical and magical connection to the romance of other eras and realms. It links our hearts with the worlds of magic, fairies and devas.

      Aventurine awakens the magical child within us. This gemstone couples the awakening of the possibilities of magic with the infinite capacity we can express through love.

      In ancient Neolithic and Native American cultures, aventurine was used to designate sacred spaces and environments. It was used in the creation of rings of stones and medicine wheels, often worn by those participating in ceremonies marking the directions of nature.

      As most heart stones do, aventurine helps to balance male/female polarities and energies. It can open the door to love for those whose hearts feel closed. This is especially important to many men who desire to open and balance the chakra. It can be used to provide a deeper heart connection between those being joined in wedding and other commitment ceremonies.

      Green is the colour most strongly connected with the heart chakra. The soft green aventurine is one of the gentler heart stone gems. It is not as aggressive or powerful as emerald or green garnet gemstones. It brings a quiet and serene breeze to the heart centre.

      Aventurine has an affinity with younger adults and adolescents. It can help to instil kindness and sensitivity to our consciousness, and also to those who are closer to their roots as children. Aventurine carries us back to the bliss and joy of childhood.

      The message of aventurine is: “Step into a reality where all things are possible.”

      Herkimer diamond quartz

      This crystal is clear and colourless, and it is associated with the 7th (crown) chakra.

      Herkimer quartz, also known as Herkimer diamonds, are a very unique and rare member of the crystal kingdom. They are currently only found in Herkimer, New York, and Oaxacca, Mexico. They are a double terminated (having two points) crystals that are extremely brilliant and beautiful in nature. They often contain natural prisms that display rainbows when held in strong light.

      Perhaps, dream stones would be an appropriate term to describe Herkimer diamonds. They carry the energy and connection with the realm of dreams and vision. They are one of the most powerful connections to the dream world we have in the crystal kingdom.

      They are best utilised for dream enhancement. Hence they should be placed next to the bed before sleep. They can also be used in the creation of dream catchers. Then they are placed over the sleeping area, to enhance our recall and lucidity in dreaming.

      Herkimer diamonds link us with the unseen world of spirits. It is believed by many mystics and alchemists to have been created in a world apart from this one vibrationally, because of their unique crystal appearance and structure. They are a psychic passageway between us and the higher self. They help to stimulate the abilities of clairvoyance and second sight. They are also beneficial tools for helping our intuition and insight.

      Herkimer diamonds can help to connect us on a deeper level with those we love. Two such quartzes can be programmed to establish a stronger bond with our friends and beloved ones. By putting the intention of greater closeness and love into the Herkimer diamonds while they are touching, this covenant of love is felt when you are apart in a much more perceptible manner.

      The message of Herkimer diamond quartz is: “Magic is alive and well; it lives within you.”

      In our next column, Eja and I are planning to introduce a tool to help every young Malaysian think out of the box in their studies and activate their creative minds – another step on our road and journey to halal living.

      The Ooranya Kalori (the Rainbow Message Stick) is brought to us by Rupunda (Hj Mohd Hazri Humphreys). Rupunda (He Who Moves from the Dreamtime with the Rainbow Wind in the Rainbow Body) is a global corporate and personal transformational healer who wants to shows us that healing, be it personal, corporate, national or spiritual, comes by returning balance to every aspect of our lives. Visit Rupunda at http://www.cosmicevolution.org/CirclesofLifeJagGY.html

      The information provided is for educational purposes only and should not be considered as medical advice. The Star does not give any warranty on accuracy, completeness, functionality, usefulness or other assurances as to such information. The Star disclaims all liability for any losses, damage to property or personal injury suffered directly or indirectly from reliance on such information.

      Source:

      FAQ - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Write to Us - Advertise with Us
      Copyright © 1995-2007 Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)
      Managed by I.Star.