[Panhala] In A Handful of God -- Hafiz

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006

      In A Handful of God

      Poetry reveals that there is no empty space.

      When your truth forsakes its shyness,
      When your fears surrender to your strengths,
      You will begin to experience

      That all existence
      Is a teeming sea of infinite life.

      In a handful of ocean water
      You could not count all the finely tuned
      Musicians

      Who are acting stoned
      For very intelligent and sane reasons

      And of course are becoming extremely sweet
      And wild.

      In a handful of the sky and earth,
      In a handful of God,

      We cannot count
      All the ecstatic lovers who are dancing there
      Behind the mysterious veil.

      True art reveals there is no void
      Or darkness.

      There is no loneliness to the clear-eyed mystic
      In this luminous, brimming
      Playful world.

      ~ Hafiz ~

      (The Subject Tonight is Love - versions of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky)

      Web archive of Panhala postings: www.panhala. net/Archive/ Index.html