Simply, the present Moment - All souls day

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006

      Simply, the present Moment

      Reportedly in 835 Pope Gregory IV standardised the date of All Saints Day. From this year on all western churches were to celebrate the passing of souls from earthly to heavenly life on November 1. One would assume that Pope Gregory already knew of the festival held at Samhain which was traditionally just before All Hallows night. While the Celts agreed to move their traditional day of celebrating the passing of souls from April 20 to November they insisted on keeping Samahain and so Halloween was born. Samhain is the word for November in the Irish language. It marked  the end of the summer and the beginning of the new season of 'dark'
      2000 years ago the Celts had celebrated November 1 as their New years Day - they had dressed in costumes and believed that for a short period around the midnight hour their 'dead' came to join them in the celebrations of passing into the new year. They believed that during this hour all time became blurred and each reality merged briefly with the other. It was a time when all realised that the loved ones were not lost to each other but could meet again in this time zone.
      We all experience grief when someone we love passes from this world to the next. Comfort can be gained through the knowing of meeting again. Loss becomes different. Each culture has a way of dealing with grief.
      Our understanding of the old beliefs, callously changed by those seeking religious power at the time, so many centuries ago, colour our perceptions of how we deal with our own belief and rituals in the present day.
      Whether we follow Western or Eastern belief systems all have an impact on how we are forging a future together as One People on Planet Earth. Each time we allow our thoughts full reign of past manipulation we learn to take back some measure of control for our own destiny.
      We are gifted with the freedom to choose how we follow our life's path in a manner suited to our own Soul needs.
      All that is ever asked of us si that we allow each other to choose the path which is right for them in compassion and with out understanding for their journey.
      Ultimately we will all meet again on another plane in another reality, where we may swap notes and stories about culture and belief patterns gathered during our visit to the Earth Plane.
      Each time we accept the way in which another person enacts their journey with love and compassion, we gift to all our ancestors the path they took in order that we may reach this place, now in this moment.
      Whether in an awake state or in the sleep state I hope you enjoyed meeting with souls past and present during this time of blurred reality.
      Gaele Arnott from here in Brisbane, Australia on Wednesday the 1st November, 2006
      it is in love from my heart and soul to your heart and soul
      Namaste
      Gaele Dian Arnott

      Todays graphic was created by Gaele in PSP IX
      the background photo is from Mary Bird in Brisbane
      the frame used in the graphic is a creation of PatchesAngel, USA

      should you wish to be subscribe to the moment list please email me at: gaele.arnott@...

      the midi playing is : When the saints go marching in
      and was found at:
      The Peace Candle
      I ask that you join me each day at the dinner hour (evening meal) in lighting a candle together, so that we as One People may join voices together for Peace On Earth.
      Peace will come when we are all free to love with compassion each other, as One family, without the constrictions of past beliefs.
        Together we can create a reality free of fear, greed and manipulation, where all people in all lands may have the freedom to move freely in joyful harmony.

        the candle today is shared by Consheba through the healing energy of  FourWinds

        Evolution is a leap in consciousness
           There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. The music is used to enhance the healing within the message and  graphic shared with you. If  you enjoyed this music, you are encouraged to purchase the CD

          you might also have to add my screen name to your address book and buddy list to keep it from going into the spam folder
          Fix Spam/Mail ControlsMail and Spam Controls