Daily Word for Today

  • Patti Garrett
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2006
      Hello everyone again today:

      For  today I opted to use some more stationery my friend, Shirley Ponto, shared with me, a picture of Jesus that always gets to me because it is so beautiful.  I know there has always been controversy about the way Jesus looked because of where he was born, and I can well understand why such controversy exists. However, what I love the most about this particular stationery is the fact that the artist made his eyes so loving and kind.  That is just how I would imagine Jesus' eyes to be which is why I always love to  look at this stationery.

      Anyway, the daily word for today is:  'Forgive.'

      And the daily thought  for today is:  "In giving and receiving forgiveness, I am greatly blessed."

      Following that, the rest of the message for today is:

      "The biblical story of Job relates the power of forgiveness in even the most challenging circumstances.  Job's faith was tested, and much of his humiliation came at the hands of friends who pretended to be helpful, but who were mocking him.  The moment Job prayed for his friends, his relationships and fortunes were restored.

      "As Job did, I can pray for the well-being of others in a powerful restorative act of forgiveness.  I forgive others for treating me with anything less than respect and honor.  I forgive myself of thinking of myself as anything less than whole, abundant, worthy and divine.  This inner resurgence of forgiveness impacts all areas of my life in positive ways.

      "In forgiving, I experience forgiveness, and I am greatly blessed.

      "'And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he had prayed for his friends; and the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had had before.' ---- Job 42:10"

      What wonderful thoughts for us all today because until you have experienced it for yourself, you can only imagine the rewards of total forgiveness.

      Have a wonderful and special day, all of you.  May it be filled with joy and hope and touched by love in any way you might need today.

      Peace, love, light, harmony and angel hugs,

      Patti

      Creation by Moonsong

      .