Simply the present Moment _1st September, Wattle Day

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006

      Simply, the present moment
      I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people convinced that they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference after another. - Ellen Goodman

      Australia has been isolated for thousands of years and thus plants have been able to develop independently to suit the often harsh natural conditions. Due to the wide range of different environments and plant communities, the native flora of Australia is the most diverse and varied in the world, growing in tropical, rainforest, stony inland deserts, alpine meadows and sandy heathlands. It has been estimated there are about 20,000 to 25,000 different plants native to Australia.
      (Golden Wattle Acacia pycnantha)
      Australia's official national floral emblem, featured on the coat-of-arms. Possibly the best known amongst the Australian plants. With 600 or more kinds of wattles, they can be found in every part of the country, from well-watered areas to the arid Centre to the cold mountain regions. They are usually the first to appear after bush-fires. They can be found growing in the most remote areas, from low, spreading shrubs to large, upright growing trees. The individual flowers are always very small and massed together in pom-pom heads or rod-like spikes.
      1st September is Australia's Wattle Day. Whilst most wattles are spring-flowering, there are some that bloom all year round.  http://www.aussie-info.com/identity/flora/

      The wattle didn't officially become the floral emblem until 1988. It was also about this time that 'shame' for much of the heritage began to disappear from the social culture. People could speak openly about having an ancestor on the First Fleet in 1788. Of course not all ancestors were here because of a crime...and the First Fleeters were not crimes of passion or murder. They were the ones who'd taken a pocket handkerchief or a loaf of bread or similar acts which afforded them transportation to the 'new land'. Travel was so difficult back to the old country that many stayed here forever, whether they were of the soldier of 'criminal' class.
      This land was harsh and difficult for those used to an English climate - hot and dry and all the seasons back to front. Summer when it should be winter - night when it should be day - even the water circles in a different direction - clockwise when it should be anti-clockwise....or is it the other way round - confusing. and of course they wore clothing suited to an English climate. I think it took two hundred years before Australians (and New Zealanders)  began to not care what the rest of the world thinks or does and just be themselves.
      Wattle symbolises growth as well as gaiety and independence.
      It's colour is yellow - so gaiety and joy come with the essence of the flower.
      there are more than 600 varieties of wattle here in Australia, many of which bloom all year round. However, the wattle signifies the beginning of Spring. Here in the southern hemisphere winter has past - well in Queensland definitely - the days are long and warm again. Not that cold here can be likened to cold in Europe or North America but for us it's the beginning of nights without blankets and back to shorts, T Shirts and no shoes for comfortable living.
      Change is here
      the sleeping period has gone!
      Change brings an alertness, a readiness to move forward.
      Wattle shows us how.
      even if you are in a climate where the 1st day of September is for autumn,
      allow wattle to be the guide in showing you the way into joyful gaiety of growth.
      allow change to be a friend and not that which you fear.
      feel the adventure - not as the child but as the adult.
      let the past be - the past
      and the future a step to be taken with joy.

      from here in Brisbane, Australia on Friday, the 1st September, 2006
      it is in love from my heart to your heart
      Gaele Arnott

      Today's graphic was created by Gaele in PSP9

      should you wish to be subscribe to the moment list please email me at: gaele.arnott@...

      the midi playing is : September Snow (australian Accordian Orchestra)
      The Peace Candle
      I ask that you join me each day at the dinner hour (evening meal) in lighting a candle together, so that we as One People may join voices together for Peace On Earth.
      Peace will come when we are all free to love with compassion each other, as One family, without the constrictions of past beliefs.
        Together we can create a reality free of fear, greed and manipulation, where all people in all lands may have the freedom to move freely in joyful harmony.

        Evolution is a leap in consciousness
           There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. The music is used to enhance the healing within the message and  graphic shared with you. If  you enjoyed this music, you are encouraged to purchase the CD

          you might also have to add my screen name to your address book and buddy list to keep it from going into the spam folder
          Fix Spam/Mail ControlsMail and Spam Controls

          Please note that each day I have returned numerous emails from those who have an aol address.
          If you miss a post or several posts please email me with a separate address where you may be reached more easily.