Fwd: Tell your friends: Don't buy while seals die

  • crystalpyramid@foodforall.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006

      Ask your friends to boycott Canadian seafood today.Click here.
      []
      [] []
      [] [] []
      Don't Buy While Seals Die: Boycott Canadian Seafood.

      Help save the seals by urging your friends to
      sign the pledge to boycott Canadian seafood. Your simple act could help end the seal hunt forever.
      [] [] []
      []
      Dear,

      When the 2006 Canadian seal hunt ended in June, hunters had killed more than 336,000 seals -- almost all of them babies as young as 12 days old.  While the tragedy of the 2006 seal hunt can never be undone, our campaign to ensure that this was the last hunt we’ll ever have to witness is quickly gaining momentum.

      Today, you can help us end the largest commercial slaughter of marine mammals on the planet. You've already signed our pledge to boycott Canadian seafood (thank you!), but please take just a moment to ask at least five friends to sign today. Click here.

      Because those who kill baby seals are also Canadian fishermen, the boycott of Canadian seafood is designed to hit the sealers in their pocketbooks. In June and July, the boycott received a major boost when the HSUS placed two full-page ads in The New York Times. The advertisements listed major restaurants and seafood distributors that have already signed on and called for other establishments to join the Canadian seafood boycott. Close to 500 restaurants have already signed the pledge.

      The ProtectSeals campaign is gaining support every day, but there is still so much work to do. Sealing licenses will be made available to fishermen as early as this February -- we have only a few months to convince the Canadian fishing industry and government that continuing the seal hunt will cost far more than they want to pay.

      The Humane Society of the United States is on the front lines every year in Canada, fighting to halt this atrocity.
      You can help by urging your friends to sign our simple pledge. Together, we can keep the pressure on the Canadian government and on the fishing industry that profits from the slaughter of the seals.

      Canada is sensitive to world opinion, and its fishing industry is vulnerable to the choice of hundreds of thousands of people to refuse to buy Canadian seafood. Each and every person who signs the pledge will increase the pressure on Canada.
      Click here to ask your friends and family to sign the pledge. You can also stay in touch with our ongoing efforts to end the seal hunt at www.ProtectSeals.org.

      It's truly painful to think about this awful abuse, but your involvement and action today are critical to ending it. Thank you for standing with us in our fight to abolish the cruel seal hunt forever.

      Sincerely,
      []
      Wayne Pacelle
      President & CEO
      The Humane Society of the United States

      P.S.
      Download this video for a first-hand look at the horrific slaughter and the experiences of The HSUS teams on the ice. Warning: This video contains graphic scenes of animal abuse.

      [] []
      [] [] []
      Copyright © 2006 The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) | All Rights Reserved.
      The Humane Society of the United States | 2100 L Street, NW | Washington, DC 20037
      protect-seals@... | 202-452-1100 | www.hsus.org

      []
      []