Simply, the present moment - Melanie

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006

      from my heart to your heart
      'tis Simply, the present Moment
      The Path that leadeth on is lighted by one fire - the light of daring burning in the heart.
      The more one dares, the more he shall obtain  (Helena Petrova Blavatsky  1831-1891)
      Derived from Greek μελαινα (melaina) meaning "black, dark". This was the name of a Roman saint who gave all her wealth to charity in the 5th century.

      Melanie brings to us the aspect of the shadow side of self. She allows us to see all aspects of the person we are meant to be. She challenges us to step out and try something new and different - bring balance to the daily routine of life. The restlessness which has been part of our recent days lends challenge to the escape offered by Melanie into new and different pastures. Melanie lets us know that it is no longer time to stand still and wait. Grab life! enjoy the days to come she calls as we hear the sound of tinkling voice whisking us into adventure not before experienced.
      Learn to be the shadow side of self. Heal the aspects which do not resonate within and allow the balance to create the change for which you seek.
      It is time to understand that shadow side does not mean "bad" - for in the shadow lurks the goodness and charity - the peace you've held at bay.
      The laughter you did stifle - the twinkle you did feel and pushed away sits within the shadow waiting.
      You feared the dark and allowed to manifest - dis-satisfaction, impatience and lack of.
      It's time to see that the power of manifestation sits here waiting!
      You have the voice and the Law of Attraction is the gift you give yourself.
      Understand the male and female aspects of you may be creative in offering new ways of being, doing and seeing.
      be the Saint Melanie of times past and give away those aspects which no longer serve you.
      Create for yourself the gemstone which may shine forth with grace and beauty out to the world.
      allow your heart to know the right path for you.

      I share with you words written by me in 2001 for "Melanie" which is also apt for us all at this moment of time as we step into the most glorious of futures within the seventh golden Age.
      Let us take the opportunity to be - Melanie -  the saint and the shadow

      Melanie
      Origin: French – Mélanie; Greek  - Melaina, melas   Meaning: Black/dark skinned

      Her eyes dark pools of mystery
      in a face of beauty fair,
      told a world in waiting,
      here is a gem, beauteous and rare.
      Secrets stored within her heart
      absorbing all that was light
      invisible to the eye
      she waits in anticipation to share.
      Appearances can be deceiving
      if what you think to see - is what you get!
      Not so I say!  Just stop!  and look!
      at what Melanie represents.
      Her heart is pure,
      her face serene,
      Peace sits as a cloak around her form.
      Laughter wells within her breast.
      Her toes lightly tap, to the music swell
      and the murmur we do hear,
      is the sound of angels
      as they do sing
      whenever Melanie draws near.
      Dark pools of mystery
      No longer there
      when we take a moment of time
      to acknowledge, a gem so beauteous rare
      that the world stands still
      like the first breath of fresh spring air.
      Gaele Arnott - © 2001
      Gaele Arnott, Brisbane Australia on Sunday, the 2nd July 2006

      Todays graphic is created by Gaele in PSP9
      the background and frame used by me in todays graphic were created by patchesAngel, Ohio, USA

      MELANIE: French form of Latin name meaning "dark-skinned." Diminutive, Mel, exists. Greek dark-clothed
      Gender: Female
      Meaning: Dark-Skinned      Origin: Greek
      While the name Melanie creates the urge to create harmony with people, we call attention to the fact that it causes a restless intensity that defies relaxation. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, and solar plexus. Your name of Melanie creates a desire for association with people and new experiences, many of which have been rather bitter. This name has given you a gregarious personality and a quick-thinking, creative, and versatile nature, but one that is very emotional. You desire change and travel and would enjoy opportunities that allowed you to be creative and to act independently, rather than to conform to system and routine. However, this name does not allow you to complete your undertakings, as farther fields always look greener.
      Greek: Dark; the name of a Roman saint who became a great religious philanthropist (French) Melaina; (Polish) Mela, Melka; Melana, Melanee, Melania, Melanne; Famous Namesakes: Actress Melanie Griffith; Star babies: daughter of Peter Gabriel, Vanessa Williams and Ramon Hervey
      http://fan.broken-paradies.net/Melanie/

      Melania the Elder (c. 341 - c. 410)
      Christian religious leader, religious community founder, suspected heretic
      Melania is known as "the Elder" to distinguish her from her granddaughter who is known as Melania the Younger.
      Melania was born in Spain, a  member of the patrician Antonia family of Rome, Melania (c. 342/343- c. 409/410) was the daughter of a consul and the wife of Valerius Maximus, a prefect. She married at fourteen, moved with her husband to the suburbs of Rome. She was widowed at 22: the same illness that took her husband also took two of her sons in short succession c. 372-373 and left her with one living son, with whom she moved to Rome.
      There, she became a Christian and, when her son was ten, placed him with a guardian, distributed some of her wealth, then set off on a pilgrimate to Alexandria where she joined other Christian desert ascetics. She began to associate with monks of the Arian party - those who believed that God the Son, Christ, had been created after God the Father. In Egypt, she met and became the patroness of Rufinus; she also supported a group of churchmen whom Valens had persecuted. When the Arians were banished from Egypt, she left with them.
      After some adventures, Melania came to Jerusalem, where she founded a monastery on the Mount of Olives where she head a community of 50 nuns. Rufinus, a scholar she'd met in Alexandria, joined her there. Rufinus was a scholar of the third century theologian Origen, and Melania also studied the writings of Origen, many of which Rufinus translated from Greek to Latin. Origen's writings questioned the doctrine of eternal damnation and doctrines of bodily resurrection. She is said to have brought back into the church a group of pneumatomachoi, those who accepted Nicene Christology but denied the divinity of the Holy Spirit. Melania enjoyed the friendship of Saints Paula of Bethlehem and Jerome, who were among those who stayed at the monastery until the rift between Rufinus and Jerome. Melania failed to heal the breach between the two men. When Origen's teachings were condemned, Rufinus refused to renounce them, and so Jerome also condemned Rufinus.
      While Melania's association with Rufinus tarnished her own religious reputation, she was not herself condemned - but because of her association with heresy, even those Christian writers who knew of her omitted her from their historical accounts or the church's history.
      Melania founded more monasteries and promoted theological tolerance and the unity of Christianity.
      On a visit to Rome to see her son, she persuaded her granddaugher, also called Melanie (known as Melania the Younger) to also take up a religious calling and to go with her to Palestine. Rufinus, who travelled with them, died en route in Sicily, and the women travelled via Africa, where Melania the Elder delivered a letter from her cousin Paulinus of Nola to Augustine. Around 404, Melania the Elder visited Bishop Augustine of Hippo on her return to Palestine. She died in Jerusalem about 410.

      for information on Madame Blavatsky founder of the Theosophical Society see:
      should you wish to be subscribe to the moment list please email me at: gaele.arnott@...

      the midi playing is :  Rhapsody (Greenfield Bowie)
      "Rhapsody -- Earthtones"
      This piano piece was composed in February 2000. It was written for and first performed to honor a deceased relative, later becoming the namesake opus of EARTHTONES.

      The Peace Candle

        I ask that you join me each day at the dinner hour (evening meal) in lighting a candle together, so that we as One People may join voices together for Peace On Earth.
        Together we can create a reality free of fear, greed and manipulation, where all people in all lands may have the freedom to move freely in joyful harmony.

        the candle graphic is shared in love from Tracy, British Columbia, Canada
        Evolution is a leap in consciousness
           There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. The music is used to enhance the healing within the message and  graphic shared with you. If  you enjoyed this music, you are encouraged to purchase the CD

          you might also have to add my screen name to your address book and buddy list to keep it from going into the spam folder
          Fix Spam/Mail ControlsMail and Spam Controls

          AOL addresses: Uncheck the box for auto AOL to filter your mail.  Do this for each screen name you use.
          Look periodically to make sure AOL hasn't changed the settings back to filter your mail