Simply, the present moment - on meditation

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006

      Simply, the present moment
      in love from my heart to your heart

      We all need time for reflection. How we perform this action is completely individual.
      Some people use the tool of prayer, other people simply sit and listen to a piece of music of gaze at artwork. Other people may walk along a beach, sit and watch the sunrise or sunset. Nothing is the 'right way'. No one way is better than another. If it resonates with you - then this is the 'right way for you'.
      Each has a technique which resonates with them.
      To find the moments of peace from the still point within is part of human need to be at ease with oneself.
      For if one is not at ease then dis-ease becomes a pattern of behaviour.
      Once dis-ease takes residence in the body all manner of unwanted behaviours begin to exist. Small maladies hurry into sickness. Protection of the bodies natural resources leave.
      Time for oneself is essential to all wellbeing - even if that time be but a very small part of the day.
      People who come to me for advice and consultation cause me grave concern if they say "oh but I have no time for meditation - my life is too busy!!!!! "
      Where is the honouring of self - if no time is allowed for self.
      Why is there not time?
      How much time is required to allow the mind to reflect on the Inner You?
      To be at ease with self actually takes very little time.
      meditation time can be as short as a few minutes
      -it can be as long as it takes to peel a potato or sit at a stop light in the car.
      The important part is recognition of this time. That the mind is allowed the freedom to be Free from stress and worry. .......and like all things in life it takes practise.
      Once you start with a few seconds and begin to realise the benefit of regular "Freedom' then life takes a turn into another direction.
      Thought begins to take on new meaning.
      As human beings we are created from energy. Each part of our being is an atom of energy joined together to form cells which form bones, flesh, skin, veins. What makes us different from all other living energies is that we were given the capacity to think. To have free will. Choice as to how we react to the energies which flow through our bodies. We can choose to be at ease with ourself - or not.
      we can sit for hours and not be 'peaceful' - or we can for a flicker of second move our mind into another dimension of thought and find the stillness within which creates the ease we need.
      If for example you were to sit with the above graphic and gaze into the centre of the Mandala as you listened to the music and as you focus on the centre let your mind absorb the music as you breathe in and out - no effort just your regular breath - listening to the music.
      as you watch and focus on the centre, let your eyes gently close and absorb the sounds and the colour which had reflected back at you.
      Allow the darkness to flow and just be.
      Think nothing
      just feel
      This is meditation
      Reflection of self
      being at ease with self. The more at ease you are with self - the more you chase dis-ease from your thought pattern.
      The immune system becomes happier and takes on it's role once more of protecting you from all 'comers'
      This piece of music now playing by Greenfield Bowie, takes 3 minutes to play through once.
      Three minutes is not long to gift yourself as time for You. To consciously think of it as a gift to yourself is the start of the meditation process.
      To find yourself a piece of music with which you become so familiar that you can hear it anywhere, anytime is three minutes of gift, carried with you in the shower, the toilet, the car, while you peel potatoes, when you first wake or just before falling asleep. You don't need to set time aside for meditation when you begin the process of being at ease with yourself. All you need is the 'want'. If you wish to be at ease with yourself, then finding time for reflection becomes easier.
      Three minutes may become six, twelve, sixty minutes or longer however you desire it to be....or it may remain three minutes or less depending on personal wants and desires.
      Your choice.
      You deserve to have the protection of a healthy Immune system guarding and protecting your organs, cells, bones, blood, mind and heart.
      Of course if Dis-ease has really become the pattern of behaviour then you may well need outside assistance from your practitioner, but whatever they advise, you can only benefit from the ease which comes through reflection. Allowing thought to meet the energy of you on all levels of being.
      The reflection of who you are meant to be with the person you are, meets and enjoys the communication through stillness of 'no thought' - even for a minute here and there.
      Try it each day for a week and notice the difference within
      continue for a longer period and then longer until you find your life has changed course, taken a new direction.
      You meet the unexpected.
      The time for standing still has passed
      Action is required
      the first step is simple
      and easy!!!!
      Start with the graphic above or the one below (copy and paste the mandala if need be) and let your thoughts fly on the wings of sound - create your own sound - if this helps you
      Move into a peaceful reflection.
      This is the art of meditation.

      Gaele Arnott, Brisbane Australia on Saturday, the 1st July, 2006

      Todays graphic is created by Gaele in PSP9
      the Mandala used in both graphics was digitally created by me.
      the chinese characters mean Meditation as seen on the graphic, Love is written in Gold
      and Om Mane Padme Hum is written in pink
      the sky used in the graphic is a pink London Sky

      Stress is a physiological survival mechanism. When you sense that you are under threat, the brain responds by sending a message to the adrenal glands on top of your kidneys, which, in turn, respond by releasing adrenaline. Adrenaline has effects on various body systems that, in combination, enable you to take action: to either run away from the source of the threat or to stay and fight. This is known as the "fight or flight" response.

      Although this physiological response may have been useful in primitive times, it is less useful in modern society where sources of threat are mainly psychological.

      When instances of stress are occasional and short-lived, the body can cope, but when they are frequent and long-lasting the body may be perpetually in a state of high alert. This is when your vulnerability to problems such as cardiovascular disease, colds, immune sensitivities and high blood pressure increases. For this reason, it is essential to find ways to overcome chronic stress.
      Yoga, Meditation and Breathing
      Learning relaxation techniques is a powerful antidote to stress. Yoga and meditation teach you how to still the mind and focus on something simple such as the breath flowing in and out of the body. When you are stressed, your breathing is usually fast and shallow (from the chest). Making a conscious effort to relax your muscles and breathe deeply can help you deal with a stressful situation. Breathing from the stomach instead of the chest produces deeper, slower breathes which tell the body that you are no longer in "fight or flight" mode and calms the pulse and therefore relaxes the entire body.

      Meditation and breathing can be thought of as the same thing for those beginning to take steps in reducing stress. Meditation is the act of focusing on breathing and allowing the mind to clear itself and relax. One useful meditation technique is the humming bee practice. Sit in a comfortable position and close your eyes. Focus on the breath entering and leaving your nostrils. Say to yourself, "I am aware of breathing in.. I am aware of breathing out". Use your fingers to close your ear flaps and imagine the sound of a humming bee inside your head. Breathe in and as you breathe out make the sound of a humming bee. Breathe in and repeat. Try to concentrate on the sound and on your breathing. Regular practice of this exercise should help to still your mind.

      How to begin?
      Breathing and meditation can be done anywhere and anytime. Create a peaceful and quiet area that includes a comfortable pillow, dim lighting, and relaxing music and remember that everyone has different techniques and there's no "right-way" or "wrong-way". http://www.spafreshmag.com/featured_articles.php?id=93_0_6_0_C

      should you wish to be subscribe to the moment list please email me at: gaele.arnott@...

      the midi playing is :  (Greenfield Bowie)
      "Meditation -- Reflections"
      This piano piece, composed in December 1995, is both classical and new-age in form, with themes reflective of complex human imaginings and fantasies.

      The Peace Candle

        I ask that you join me each day at the dinner hour (evening meal) in lighting a candle together, so that we as One People may join voices together for Peace On Earth.
        Together we can create a reality free of fear, greed and manipulation, where all people in all lands may have the freedom to move freely in joyful harmony.

        the candle graphic is shared in love from Tracy, British Columbia, Canada
        Evolution is a leap in consciousness
           There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. The music is used to enhance the healing within the message and  graphic shared with you. If  you enjoyed this music, you are encouraged to purchase the CD

          you might also have to add my screen name to your address book and buddy list to keep it from going into the spam folder
          Fix Spam/Mail ControlsMail and Spam Controls

          AOL addresses: Uncheck the box for auto AOL to filter your mail.  Do this for each screen name you use.
          Look periodically to make sure AOL hasn't changed the settings back to filter your mail.