The Obstacle in our Path

  • WhiteBuffaloWoman xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2006

      The Obstacle in our Path.

      In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock.

      Some of the kirig's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around it. Many loudly blamed the king for not keeping the roads clear, but none did anything about getting the stone out of the way.

      Then a peasant came along carrying a load of vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded. After the peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been.

      The purse contained many gold coins and a note from the king indicating that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the roadway.

      The peasant learned what many of us never understand. Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

      --
      A.S.A.P.
      OnaGweWaki

      When you know who you are;
      when your mission is clear and you
      burn with the inner fire of unbreakable will;
      no cold can touch your heart;
      no deluge can dampen your purpose.
      You know that you are alive.