Fw: Protect Your Pets from Disaster

  • ROXANNE YOUNG
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Protect Your Pets from Disaster

      Are Your Pets Protected from a Disaster?
      Are you prepared for the next disaster?
      Download our disaster preparedness checklist

      Dear Friend,

      Like me, I bet you can't get the tragic images from Hurricane Katrina out of your mind: hundreds of bloated dog carcasses floating in toxic water; a young boy sobs as rescuers pull his small fluffy dog, Snowball, from his arms, never to be seen again; a New Orleans man—who had climbed a tree as floodwaters rose and, for five days, held his 16-year-old dog in his arms, only to be told by rescuers that he couldn't take her with him—is forced to shoot his dog instead of leaving her behind to die terrified and alone.

      This tragic loss of beloved animals could happen again—to any one of us, even you—whether you live along the Gulf Coast, near a fault line, or anywhere else that a natural disaster or other catastrophic event may strike. But if you make a few simple preparations, there's a good chance that you can keep your animals safe.

      Are you prepared?

      Please take a moment to print out our disaster preparedness checklist and view our public service announcement. It might save your animal's life.

      Hurricane season is here again, and we need your help to get our disaster preparedness checklist and public service announcement out to residents who are already at risk along the Gulf Coast. Please help us prevent another Katrina and help save thousands upon thousands of lives. Make a generous contribution to PETA today.

      Thank you for your compassion and generosity.

      Sincerely,
      Ingrid
Newkirk
      Ingrid E. Newkirk
      President

      P.S. Please forward this e-mail to your friends, family members, colleagues, and anyone else you can think of who might benefit from our checklist and lend their support to these vital efforts! Even send it to your favorite blogger. We want to make sure that as many animals as possible are protected. Thank you.

      This message was sent to MY4BY4FORUS@.... Visit your subscription management page to modify your e-mail communication preferences or update your personal profile. To stop ALL e-mail from PETA's Online Community, click to remove yourself from our lists (or reply via e-mail with "remove" in the subject line).

      This e-mail was sent by:
      PETA
      501 Front St., Norfolk, VA 23510
      United States