A Helping Hand

  • Baba Kundi
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002

      ESSENCE  of  PARADISE

      Love is the Purest Essence of our being.
      Life is an adventure in Paradise
      Enjoy It While You Can!

      Baba Kundi Ma'at-Shambhala

      A HELPING HAND

      His name was Fleming, and he was a poor Scottish farmer.

      One day, while trying to make a living for his family, he heard a cry for help coming from a nearby bog. He dropped his tools and ran to the bog.

      There, mired to his waist in black muck, was a terrified boy, screaming  and struggling to free himself. Farmer Fleming saved the lad from what could  have been a slow and terrifying death.

      The next day, a fancy carriage pulled up to the Scotsman's sparse surroundings. An elegantly dressed nobleman stepped out and introduced  himself as the father of the boy Farmer Fleming had saved.

      "I want to repay you," said the nobleman. "You saved my son's life."

      "No, I can't accept payment for what I did," the Scottish farmer  replied, waving off the offer.

      At that moment, the farmer's own son came to the door of the family hovel.

      "Is that your son?" the nobleman asked.

      "Yes," the farmer replied proudly.

      "I'll make you a deal. Let me provide him with the level of education my son will enjoy. If the lad is anything like his father, he'll no doubt grow to be a man we both will be proud of."

      And that he did.

      Farmer Fleming's son attended the very best schools and in time, he graduated from St. Mary's Hospital Medical School in London, and went onto become known throughout the world as the noted Sir Alexander Fleming, the discoverer of Penicillin.

      Years afterward, the same nobleman's son who was saved from the bog was stricken with pneumonia. What saved his life this time? Penicillin.

      The name of the nobleman? Lord Randolph Churchill. His son's name? Sir Winston Churchill. Someone once said: What goes around comes around.

      Work like you don't need the money.

      Love like you've never been hurt.

      Dance like nobody's watching.

      Sing like nobody's listening.

      Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

      It's National Friendship Week. Send this to everyone you consider a  FRIEND. Pass this on, and brighten someone's day. Nothing will happen if you do not decide to pass it along. The only thing that will happen, if you DO pass it on, is that someone might smile because of you.

      Happy friendship !!

      Shared with us by: Bea S.
      Thank You Be!
      "Know That You Are Loved!"

      \
      AFFIRMATION

      I Give Love Freely With No Strings Attached,
      Because I Am Following A Divine Example.

      MOTHER-FATHER GODDESS/GOD Gives Love To Me Freely,
      Even When I Feel That I Am Not Worthy Of Love!

      I LOVE YOU Freely And Openly!

      Baba Kundi Ma'at-Shambhala
      Copyright © Oct. 2002

      Peace, Love, and Light To All of Creation!
      Create A Beauty-Full and Prosperous Life,
      One Day At A Time!

       Excellence Award

      ESSENCE OF PARADISE is never sent unsolicited, it is only sent to e-mail addresses that were requested to be added to our mailing list by someone. If you are receiving it in error someone is either forwarding it to you or requested a subscription for your e-mail address. To be removed from this list please send a return e-mail with REMOVE in the Subject box. To be added to the mailing list please send a return e-mail with SUBSCRIBE in the Subject box.
                                                                                                                                                     PEACE, LOVE AND LIGHT!

      All Outgoing E-mail Is Certified Virus Free
      E-mails are checked by Norton AntiVirus

      Norton SystemWorks 2002
      © 1995-2002 Symantec Corporation