Time for put a stop to the death penalty

  • connie
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Did you know that the United States is virtually the only country in the world that actively executes juvenile offenders? That we execute men and women who are so mentally ill they don't realize that they are about to be executed?

      Why do we do it? It costs almost three times more to execute someone than imprison for life, and there's no evidence the death penalty is preventing violent crime. What would happen if the U.S. put the millions of dollars spent for each death penalty trial into child protection, education, mental health services, drug treatment?

      It's about time we found out. Please join me as a supporter of the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty and take a stand for human rights in America.

      http://www.demaction.org/dia/organizations/ncadp/signUp.jsp?key=28