Honor Cesar Chavez by contacting your Senator in support of reasonable immigration reform

  • constance kosuda
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      Dear Friend,

      I thought you might be interested in this United Farm Workers
      e-activism campaign.

      Today, as we celebrate Cesar Chavez' March 31 birthday, you can
      make a difference for the farm workers Cesar spent his life
      serving. E-mail your senators in support of the immigration
      reform bill submitted Senate Judiciary Committee. This bill is
      currently on the Senate floor.

      On Monday, farm workers achieved an important victory with Sen.
      Feinstein's inclusion of the UFW-sponsored AgJOBS in the
      Committee's immigration bill. However, the fight to pass AgJOBS
      is not over and the outcome can not be predicted.

      The Senate has begun debating immigration reform on the Senate
      floor starting with Senate Majority Leader Frist's (R-Tenn.)
      contemptible immigration enforcement and border control bill.
      Senator Specter (R-Penn.) is expected to offer the Judiciary
      Committee's bipartisan immigration bill as a moderate
      substitute.

      Please make a difference to farm workers on this vital bill by
      contacting your Senators to asking them to support the Senate
      Judiciary Committee?s bipartisan bill--which includes the AgJobs
      amendment and oppose any amendments not supported by AgJobs
      primary sponsors (Senators Craig, Kennedy and Feinstein). Go to:

      http://www.ufwaction.org/campaign/honorcesar?rk=l7alHCd10POhW