Fw: *~Spiritually Speaking~* Beautiful Words

  • ROXANNE YOUNG
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006

      Silver Belt

      I had wandered into a small Indian shop in the foothills of the Sierras in Northern California and struck up a conversation with the Native American woman who owned the shop. My own Modoc Indian heritage and love of Indian jewelry prompted me to tell her of the pain I suffered when my mother's silver Navajo concho belt was stolen. My mother had worn it almost every day of her life. It has passed on to me when she had passed through the arch of life to the other side.

      I remember as a small girl putting my arms around my mother's waist and feeling the warmth of her body through the silver platelets. Having her belt gave me great comfort after her death.

      As I talked with the Indian woman, I could sense her empathy. But when I finished expressing my grief at having lost the belt, her message was not the one of sympathy I expected. What she gave me was a new beginning and an insight into my mother.

      "Remember," she said, "the true gift you were given was things of the spirit. Don't ever cry over things that can't cry over you."

      My mother is not a belt. My mother is reflected in the woman who now stands in her place - me. My true heritage is the talents and strengths that she left to me. I no longer cry over things that can't cry over me. I cherish the fortitude and the love a woman left to me.

      ~Cheewa James~

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Yogesh Sharma

      Mentor Graphics (Noida) Pvt Ltd

      E- Yogesh_Sharma@...

      O- 91-120-430-4146

      M- 91-931-389-8300

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    • ROXANNE YOUNG
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 12, 2006

        World of Smiles

        About ten years ago when I was an undergraduate in college, I was working as an intern at my University's Museum of Natural History . One day while working at the cash register in the gift shop, I saw an elderly couple come in with a little girl in a wheelchair.

        As I looked closer at this girl, I saw that she was kind of perched on her chair. I then realized she had no arms or legs, just a head, neck and torso. She was wearing a little white dress with red polka dots.

        As the couple wheeled her up to me I was looking down at the register. I turned my head toward the girl and gave her a wink. As I took the money from her grandparents, I looked back at the girl, who was giving me the cutest, largest smile I have ever seen. All of a sudden her handicap was gone and all I saw was this beautiful girl, whose smile just melted me and almost instantly gave me a completely new sense of what life is all about. She took me from a poor, unhappy college student and brought me into her world; a world of smiles, love and warmth.

        That was ten years ago. I'm a successful business person now and whenever I get down and think about the troubles of the world, I think about that little girl and the remarkable lesson about life that she taught me.

        ~Author Unknown~

      • ROXANNE YOUNG
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 16, 2006

          Two Days We Should Not Worry

          There are two days in every week about which we should not worry,
          Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

          One of these days is Yesterday with all its mistakes and cares,
          Its faults and blunders, its aches and pains.

          Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
          All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday.

          We cannot undo a single act we performed;
          We cannot erase a single word we said.
          Yesterday is gone forever.

          The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow with all its possible adversities, its burdens,
          Its large promise and its poor performance; Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.

          Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise.
          Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for it is yet to be born.

          This leaves only one day, Today. Any person can fight the battle of just one day.
          It is when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities Yesterday and Tomorrow that we break down.

          It is not the experience of Today that drives a person mad,
          It is the remorse or bitterness of something which happened Yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring.

          Let us, therefore, live but one day at a time.

          ~Author Unknown~

          --

          Regards,

          Yogesh

          ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 21, 2006

            New Pair of Shoes

            When I got sober my sponsor told me that I had to be willing to change everything about my life -- everything. So, I wore blue jeans and switched to slacks. I wore western shirts and switched to T-shirts. But the one thing I just couldn't give up was my cowboy boots.

            I went to my sponsor and said, "Surely I won't get drunk over a silly pair of cowboy boots. I'm willing to change a lot of things, and if needed I could even give up those boots, but it seems so silly."

            My sponsor said, "I don't know how silly it is, or if you'll get drunk over those cowboy boots, but I can tell that you are not 'entirely' willing, though."

            "Okay, okay," I said. "I'll prove it to you. I'll give up the boots for 30 days just to demonstrate my willingness to God."

            So, I bought a pair of tennis shoes, and after 30 days of not wearing my cowboy boots, wearing tennis shoes instead, the strangest thing happened -- my feet stopped hurting.

            That's how it was getting sober and giving up the high life. I never stopped to think that the boots were causing my feet to hurt, or the booze was causing my life to hurt. I got willing to give up the stuff, one day at a time, for 30 days, then 60 days, then 90 days .. and my life stopped hurting.

            And everyday I do something different, some change in some small way. Maybe I just put my socks on different, or drive to work a new way. Everyday, I try to do Little Things in a Big Way so that when Big Things happen I can handle them in a Little Way.

            ~Author Unknown ~

          • ROXANNE YOUNG
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 7, 2006

              World's Most Communicative Disease

              There is a funny story in circulation about an optimistic farmer who couldn't wait to greet each new day with a resounding, "Good morning, God!" He lived near a woman whose morning greeting was more like, "Good God... morning?" They were each a trial to the other. Where he saw opportunity, she saw problems. Where he was satisfied, she was discontented.

              One bright morning he exclaimed, "Look at the beautiful sky! Did you see that glorious sunrise?"

              "Yeah," she countered. "It'll probably get so hot the crops will scorch!"

              During an afternoon shower, he commented, "Isn't this wonderful? Mother Nature is giving the corn a drink today!"

              "And if it doesn't stop before too long," came the sour reply, "we'll wish we'd taken out flood insurance on the crops!"

              Convinced that he could instill some awe and wonder in her hardened attitude, he bought a remarkable dog. Not just any mutt, but the most expensive, highly-trained and gifted dog he could find. The animal was exquisite! It could perform remarkable and impossible feats which, the farmer thought, would surely amaze even his neighbor. So he invited her to watch his dog perform.

              "Fetch!" he commanded, as he tossed a stick out into a lake, where it bobbed up and down in the rippling water. The dog bounded after the stick, walked ON the water, and retrieved it.

              "What do you think of that?" he asked, smiling.

              "Hmmm," she frowned. "Can't swim, can he?"

              Sometimes I think that negative thoughts are the world's most communicative diseases. More catching than any known virus, and just as deadly. But an attitude of awe and wonder can be just as contagious!

              Which will you be spreading today?

              ~Steve Goodier~

              --

            • ROXANNE YOUNG
              Message 6 of 10 , May 16, 2006

                Inspiration

                It was a sports stadium.

                Eight Children were standing on the track to participate! in the running event.

                * Ready! * Steady! * Bang!!!

                With the sound of Toy pistol, all eight girls started running.

                Hardly have they covered ten to fifteen steps, one of the smaller girls slipped and fell down, due to bruises and pain she started crying .

                When other seven girls heard this sound, stopped running, stood for a while and turned back, they all ran back to the place where the girl fell down. One among them bent, picked and kissed the girl gently and enquired ' Now pain must have reduced' . All seven girls lifted the fallen girl , pacified her , two of them held the girl firmly and they all seven joined hands together and walked together and reached the winning post.

                Officials were shocked Clapping of thousands of spectators filled the stadium. Many eyes were filled with tears and perhaps it had reached the GOD even!

                YES. This happened in Hyderabad [ INDIA ], recently!

                The sport was conducted by National Institute of Mental Health.

                All these special girls had come to participate in this event and they are spastic children. Yes, they were mentally retarded Challenged.

                What did they teach this world?

                Teamwork?

                Humanity?

                Equality among all?????

                Successful people help others who are slow in learning so that they are not felt far behind. This is really a great message... spread it!

                We can't do this ever because we have brains!!!!!!!!!

                --

                Regards,

                Yogesh

                ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                Yogesh Sharma

                Mentor Graphics (Noida) Pvt Ltd

              • Patti Garrett
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 24, 2006
                  Hello everyone this wonderful morning:

                  I received this message yesterday from Spiritually Speaking and just had to share it because, even though it is short, it contains one of the greatest quotes I have ever heard and the reason for it -- a quote we should all try to remember because it is true about many things in life, like childbirth as well as doing something of beauty when you are not quite up to par or are having any kind of problem --  "The beauty remains; the pin passes."  While this is not true of everything in life, it is true of some things.  I know without a doubt that I really and truly remembered the pain I experienced in childbirth, I might not have had but one child.  But the experience itself was so beautiful and my children have brought me so much joy in life that the pain of giving birth has long passed.

                  Just something for us to contemplate on today.

                  Peace, love, light and angel hugs,

                  Patti

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 6 12:09 AM

                    Make the Most of Every Moment

                    I had a very special teacher in high school many years ago whose husband unexpectedly died of a heart attack. About a week after his death, she shared some of her insight with a classroom of students. As the late afternoon sunlight came streaming in through the classroom windows and the class was nearly over, she moved a few things aside on the edge of her desk and sat down there. With a gentle look of reflection on her face, she paused and said,

                    "Before class is over, I would like to share with all of you a thought that is unrelated to class, but which I feel is very important. Each of us is put here on earth to learn, share, love, appreciate and give of ourselves. None of us knows when this fantastic experience will end. It can be taken away at any moment. Perhaps this is God's way of telling us that we must make the most out of every single day."

                    Her eyes beginning to water, she went on:

                    "So I would like you all to make me a promise. From now on, on your way to school, or on your way home, find something beautiful to notice. It doesn't have to be something you see it could be a scent - perhaps of freshly baked bread wafting out of someone's house, or it could be the sound of the breeze slightly rustling the leaves in the trees, or the way the morning light catches one autumn leaf as it falls gently to the ground.

                    Please look for these things, and cherish them. For, although it may sound trite to some, these things are the 'stuff' of life. The little things we are put her on earth to enjoy. The things we often take for granted. We must make it important to notice them, for at any time...it can all be taken away.

                    The class was completely quiet. We all picked up our books and filed out of the room silently. That afternoon, I noticed more things on my way home from school than I had that whole semester. Every once in a while, I think of that teacher and remember what an impression she made on all of us, and I try to appreciate all of those things that sometimes we all overlook.

                    Take notice of something special you see on your lunch hour today. Go barefoot or walk on the beach at sunset. Stop off on the way home tonight to get a double-dip ice cream cone. For as we get older, it is not the things we did that we often regret, but the things we didn't do.

                    ~Author Unknown~