Fw: Just For The Health Of It Conference: How Shamans Heal

  • Patti
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 2:38 PM
      Soul Retrieval: How Shamans Heal Trauma - Boulder, Colorado
      Hello everyone yet again:

      A fellow lightworker as she calls all of her subscribers sent this to me a couple of days ago.  This is another of those messages I am forwarding, just for your discernment. I know next to nothing about either Shamans or Soul Retrieval, but both subjects interest me greatly and I would like to know a lot more about both of them.

      If this message is not your cup of tea or you do not wish to read it, by all means, delete it right now, with my blessings.  But if you have any interest in either the subject of Shamanism or soul retrieval, you might just enjoy these words.

      As an afterthought, if anyone of you has any additional information on either of these subjects that you would like to share, I would be very interested in receiving it.  I do have one friend who was heavily involved in soul retrieval at one time, and, if I am remembering correctly as it was about two years ago, the information she shared with me at the time about what she was doing was a little scary.  So if any of you can shed any light on what soul retrieval actually is or if you have gone  through this process in any way, I would really like to hear about it.

      I know that one of the next books I buy, if not the very next one, will be the one mentioned in this message, just so I can read about it for myself.

      Continue to enjoy your day to the fullest.

      Peace, love, light and angel hugs,

      Patti

      From: newsletter@... [mailto:newsletter@...]

      To: The Prophets Conference Newsletter
      Subject: Just For The Health Of It Conference: How Shamans Heal

      SOUL RETRIEVAL: HOW SHAMANS HEAL TRAUMA

      "Shamanic journeying is the inner art of traveling to the 'invisible worlds' beyond ordinary reality to retrieve information for change in any area of your life - from spirituality and health to work and relationships."

            --Sandra Ingerman

      Thank you all for supporting this work by forwarding it to your friends and posting it to your sites.

      SANDRA INGERMAN
      Soul Retrieval: How Shamans Heal Trauma
      JUST FOR THE HEALTH OF IT! The Prophets Conference

      Boulder , Colorado
      May 19-21, 2006

      www.greatmystery.org/events/health2.html

      Shamans look at the spiritual form of illness which might manifest on an emotional or physical level. When I was doing the research for my book Soul Retrieval Mending the Fragmented Self I found that most shamanic cultures around the world believe that illness is due to the loss of the soul.

      It is believed that whenever we suffer an emotional or physical trauma a piece of our soul flees the body in order to survive the experience. The definition of soul that I am using is soul is our essence, life force, the part of our vitality that keeps us alive and thriving.

      The types of trauma that could cause soul loss in our culture would be any kind of abuse sexual, physical, or emotional. Other causes could be an accident, being in a war, being a victim of a terrorist act, acting against our morals, being in a natural disaster (a fire, hurricane, earthquake, tornado, etc.), surgery, addictions, divorce, or death of a loved one.

      Any event that causes shock could cause soul loss. And what might cause soul loss in one person might not cause soul loss in another. Shamans believe that alarm clocks can cause soul loss. I think we all know what they mean.

      It is important to understand that soul loss is a good thing that happens to us. It is how we survive pain. If I was going to be in a head on car collision the last place that I would want to be at the point of impact is in my body. My psyche could not endure that kind of pain. So our psyches have this brilliant self protect mechanism where a part of our essence or soul leaves the body so that we do not feel the full impact of the pain.

      In psychology we talk about this as disassociation. But in psychology we don’t talk about what disassociates and where that part goes. In shamanism we know that a piece of the soul leaves the body and goes to a territory in what shamans call non ordinary reality where it waits until someone intervenes in the spiritual realms and facilitates its return.

      Although soul loss is a survival mechanism the problem from a shamanic point of view is that the soul part that left usually does not come back on its own. The soul might be lost, or stolen by another person, or doesn’t know the trauma has passed and it is safe to return.

      It has always been the role of the shaman to go into an altered state of consciousness and track down where the soul fled to in the alternate realities and return it to the body of the client.

      There are many common symptoms of soul loss. Some of the more common ones would be dissociation where a person does not feel fully in his or her body and alive and fully engaged in life. Other symptoms include chronic depression, suicidal tendencies, post traumatic stress syndrome, immune deficiency problems, and grief that just does not heal. Addictions are also a sign of soul loss as we seek external sources to fill up the empty spaces inside of us whether through substances, food, relationships, work, or buying material objects.

      Anytime someone says I have never been the same since a certain event and they don’t mean this in a good way soul loss has probably occurred.

      You can really see how much soul loss there is today as we put money over life. Anytime someone says that we have to kill other life forms for material gain that person must be suffering from soul loss. Anytime someone feels that buying one more car or that gathering material objects will bring happiness that person is suffering from the loss of soul. As you can see we are looking at a great deal of planetary soul loss today as you watch how we behave towards each other and the rest of life.

      Coma is also soul loss. But in coma there is more of the soul out of body than in the body. Coma is very complicated to work with today for many reasons. It takes skill on behalf of the shaman to find out which way the soul is trying to go. Does the soul want to reenter the body or does it need help moving on which would lead to the death of the patient? There is a lot to say about this topic and it beyond the scope of this article.

      Today there has been a resurgence in the interest of the practice of shamanism. We now have many hundreds of wonderful shamanic practitioners reintroducing the practice of soul retrievals into our culture.

      It is interesting to note that as soul loss was so understood in shamanic cultures people who suffered traumas were given a soul retrieval within three days after a trauma occurred.

      Today as we have not been practicing soul retrieval modern day practitioners are going back ten, twenty, thirty, or forty years or even more looking for lost soul parts.

      Also in a shamanic culture the individuals knew what was out of balance in their lives that might have caused an illness or issue to occur.

      In our culture we are unaware of what is out of spiritual harmony that is creating illness. And because often our soul loss happened so young we are unaware of the unconscious patterns we are living out due to our first soul loss. We are always trying to retrieve our soul. And how we do this is by repeating the same trauma over and over again. The names might change of the people involved in our life story, but the story is often the same.

      The effects of having a soul retrieval vary person to person. Some people feel that they are more grounded in their body and feel more solid. Some people feel lighter and a joyful way of being returns to them. For some memories of the past traumas might be triggered bringing up a variety of feelings that must be worked through. And for some people the effects are too subtle to notice a change until further work to integrate the soul is done.

      As people feel more present in their bodies and in the world they become more conscious of behavior that might be out of balance and disharmonious. When we are numb we might be aware that things in the world are not right but we can easily distract ourselves from feeling a need to change. When we are fully “inspirited” there is no place to retreat to and we are more inspired to change our lives.

      I believe that once a person has his or her soul brought back the client now has to do some work. If the person has done a lot of personal work the soul retrieval might be the end of the work. If not the soul retrieval would be the beginning of the work.

      Now it is up to the client to look at how to create a healthy life style and attract healthy relationships that will support wholeness and a life filled with healing. How do we want to use the energy that was returned from the soul retrieval and our returned vitality to create a positive present and future for ourselves? And how do we bring passion and meaning back into our lives again so that we thrive instead of just survive? All these issues I call “life after healing” and are crucial to create long term healing after a soul retrieval.

      This is vital work for the times we live in. The earth wants her children home and she wants them home now. It is time to come back home again and take our rightful place on the earth. It is our birthright to fully express our souls and create the world we want to live in. And it is our birthright to shine as brightly as the stars above us. It is time to share our light again in the world.
      www.greatmystery.org/events/health2.html

      *********

      SANDRA INGERMAN, MA, is the author of Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self, Welcome Home: Following Your Soul’s Journey Home, A Fall to Grace, Medicine for the Earth: How to Transform Personal and Environmental Toxins, and Shamanic Journeying: A Beginner’s Guide. She is the author of “The Soul Retrieval Journey” “The Beginner’s Guide to Shamanic Journeying” and “Miracles for the Earth” lecture programs produced by Sounds True.

      Sandra teaches workshops internationally on shamanic journeying, healing, and reversing environmental pollution using spiritual methods. She has trained and founded an international alliance of Medicine for the Earth Teachers and shamanic teachers. Sandra is recognized for bridging ancient cross-cultural healing methods into our modern culture addressing the needs of our times. Sandra is a licensed Marriage and Family therapist and Professional Mental Health Counselor. She is also a board certified expert on traumatic stress as well as certified in acute traumatic stress management.

      For more information on her work you can visit her website at www.shamanicvisions.com/ingerman.html

      To find a local shamanic teacher or shamanic practitioner in your area visit www.shamanicteachers.com

      To find a local Medicine for the Earth teacher visit www.medicinefortheearth.com

      A SPECIAL GROUP OF SOME OF THE WORLD’S BEST FOR YOU IN BOULDER , COLORADO
      www.greatmystery.org/events/health2.html

      You are invited to join the community coming together at the Millennium Hotel in Boulder . Once again the remarkable young healer ADAM will join us. DR. ERIC PEARL will be back again with amazing healing lessons. Transformational healer PETER FAIRFIELD will be teaching to heal and transcend using the simplest of means. Coyote medicine healer DR. LEWIS MEHL-MADRONA will open us to the acceptance of miracles. SANDRA INGERMAN will be using powerful shamanic healing ceremony. The groundbreaking practitioner DR. NORMAN SHEALY will be opening our eyes to amazing healing possibilities and moving beyond pain. (Full presenter profiles: www.greatmystery.org/events/health2faculty.html)

      Continuing Education Credits(CEUs) for: RNs (provider no. 10318), SWs, LCSWs and MFTs (provider no. 159-000435), NCC (provider no. 5492). A formal letter of attendance will be given to massage therapists.

      For Work Exchange opportunities visit: www.greatmystery.org/events/staff.html

      CONFERENCE SPONSORS
      Institute of Noetic Sciences, New Dimensions World Broadcasting

      Email: axiom@...
      Web: greatmystery.org
      Tel: 888.777.5981 ( USA and Canada ) - (44) 01367 250 370 ( UK )

      Listen and spread the word.
      Go to: greatmystery.org and click on the Radio & Audio Files icon at the top.

      Be part of the Great Mystery community. Tune in your computer and hear a vast panorama of cafe, chillout, world, and sensuous sounds providing a rich listening experience.

      Crossing into Medicine Country Travel deep into the beating heart of the Earth - May 5-16, 2006.
      www.greatmystery.org/events/sw06.html

      Just For The Health Of It! Conference Vancouver ,Canada www.greatmystery.org/events/health3.html

      Sacred Medicines, Sacred Ceremonies, Sacred Sites Tour to Peru - June 3-23, 2006. greatmystery.org/events/amazon.html

      Spoken Word offering: The Extraordinary Healing Power of Ordinary Things: Fourteen Natural Steps to Health and Happiness by Larry Dossey, M.D.
      Go to: www.greatmystery.org, click on the Radio & Audio Files icon at the top and listen for free.

      leave-pcnewsletter-2556996L@...
      If the Unsubscribe link does not work, simply hit "Reply" to this email and include "Unsubscribe" in the "Subject Line"