Re: << lovingpurelove >> Just a Quick Question about a Computer Problem

  • Jose Manuel~
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
      Dear Patti,
      I am not by any means an expert in computers, however I have a few years of experience with computer troubleshooting, have worked with a few technicians and still have friends in this field. So, I am going to share with you what my friends have told me and a bit of my experience. In the past you may have got a virus or trojan. The first thing this elements do is corrupt the normal funtioning of your system. Scripts are send to the registry, command and system initiation folders, so the computer will deteriorate it's normal operation, making it do all you are experiencing and more. Some of them are not easy to find for they will hide either in the processor or the memory. If you are going to scan your computer you must get a floopy disk made from McAfee website and start the computer with the disk inside so it will scan as it boost the system. If you find the virus it must be deleted and your operational system must be re-intalled to replace the needed files for normal operation. You must get this files in a floopy from another computer, not yours. A simple way to resolve the situation would be to erase everything as you would re-format your hard drive. And after the hard drive have been re-formated then you would proceed to install everything (all your programs) in your computer again. This is time consuming and you need to have all your software in cd's or floopies to install them. I have notice that many of you are going through many operational problems with your systems. And all comes to viruses but mostly to trojans. For those of you who do not understand what a trojan is here is a simple explanation. A trojan is a file who has many files inside of it. This many files will go to diffrent locations inside your computer and will corrupt it. Other trojans are made so hackers can go inside your computer. They will hide and when your computer is on, it will send a signal to their computer telling him you are on. Then because of this trojan will locate you and enter your computer, look at files, still information from you and send emails to people in your email data base so they get it as well and he get a wider amount of victims. Just like the Trojan Horse in history. Well Patti, I hope to have help you or others, in any possible way. For a free scan in McAfee go here  http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/?siteID=1&resolution=1024x768&rurl=vrContactOptions.asp

      This is the virus library  http://vil.nai.com/vil/default.asp

      Here there is a forum in which you could find more help.  http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/index.php?c=11

      Love and Light,

      Jose Manuel~

      Patti <pattigarrett1@...> wrote:
      Calling all you special angels, especially those of you who are really good with computer problems:

      I have a really strange thing going on today with my system, something I have never experienced before, and I am stumped as to what to do about it.  And before you say call a repairman, just know that doing that this month is definitely not an option, so I have to go to another source -- one that does not cost anything, okay, which is why I asking all of you for help.  I have seen great messages including great fixes for many computer problems on-line many times in the past, so I just wanted to see if any of you might know how to fix this particular problem for me today.

      Anyway, back to the matter at hand, I get messages from WebMD and Belief Net, both publications with wonderful articles on many subjects of interest to me.  So I always link into the articles in which I have interest to read more about them.  However, today every time I try to link into any article in either of these publications, my link takes me to my desktop and what shows up on the screen is what is on my desk top.  And as to getting into the articles, forget it.  I have not been able to get into a single one I have linked into today yet.  Why this is happening, I have no earthly idea, but I do need to try to figure it out because this means that I am unable to link into any links at all until it is fixed.

      I have been having problems with linking into the web or linking into any links because my system freezes up and shuts down every time I try to link into any links for a few times before I am successful.  And this has been happening ever since my computer was repaired in October, but I just thought it was because my system was old and needed revamping.  However,this is a new problem entirely and unless it is fixed, it means that I will never be able to link into any of the beautiful graphics people are always sharing with me and that is something I do not wish to give up because I would be missing so much great stuff every single day.

      Consequently, all of you computer nerds out there, do you have any idea what is happening and if there is anything I can do my system to stop doing that and take me to the link I am trying to get into?  Any help or advice would be so much appreciated.

      To each of you beautiful people and special friends, I wish for each of you the most blessed of days, filled with hope, joy and peace and touched by love in some special and wonderful way.

      Peace, love, light and angel hugs,

      Patti

      Jose Manuel~