Are you a Dove ... or a Hawk

  • Laura Wheeler
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2 7:27 AM
      At one of my other groups, someone posted this.  AHA!
      Really think about it and then make the choice to KNOW who/what you are.

      WOW and Blessings all,
      Laura

      " Several years ago I was at a cocktail party where I got into a very
      heated debate about American foreign policy. Later that night, I had
      a kind of waking dream. A gentleman appeared to me and said,
      'Excuse me, Miss Williamson, but we thought we thought we should tell
      you: In the cosmic roll call, you are considered a hawk, not a dove.'

      I was incensed. ' No way,' I said indignantly.
      'I'm totally for peace. I'm a dove all the way.'

      ' I'm afraid not,' he said. ' I'm looking on our charts, and it says
      very clearly right here: Marianne Williamson, warmonger. You're at
      war with Ronald Reagan, Caspar Weinberger, the CIA, in fact the
      entire American defense establishment. No, I'm sorry. You're
      definitely a hawk.'

      I saw, of course that he was right. I had just as many missiles in my
      head as Ronald Reagan had in his. I thought it was wrong for him to
      judge communists, but I thought it was okay for me to judge him. Why?
      Because I was RIGHT, of course!

      I spent years as an angry left-winger before I realized that an angry
      generation can't bring peace. Everything we do is infused with the
      energy with which we do it. As Gandhi said, 'We must BE the change.'
      What the ego doesn't want us to see is that the guns we need to get
      rid of first are the guns in our own heads."

      ~ Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love