Re: [lovingpurelove] Poem

  • Karen Pennington
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 21, 2000
      What a wonderful expression of exactly how I feel.
      Thanks, Karen

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • pattimaris1675@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 23, 2000
        Hi Karen, I am glad I hit a note in you with my poem. There are times when I
        read a poem and it literally touches a note in my soul and sends me off into
        meditative thought of wonder and hope.
        I love poems like that, that offers me wonderful feelings of love, hope and
        sunshine into my life.
        I just got back from my Valley home, and it never ceases to amaze me how
        illusory the mind can be when it stays in one place, never moving away or
        around. I have lived most of my life in the Valley, other than when moved
        south; Garden Grove and Torrance, or north; Martinez and Walnut Creek for
        brief periods. Yet now that I am older and have purchased a home 10 months
        ago on the Central Coast area of California, when I go back to the Valley,
        the illusion is broken and I see it for what it is. The air is thicker,
        warmer, pollution is high and breathing becomes more difficult for me. Yet
        only 10 months ago living there, I didn't see any of this. Nor did I notice
        the pollution. It is an awakening each time I return back to the Valley to
        visit. Isn't it funny what the unaware mind does and does not see.
        It is refreshing to be back home where the air is crisp and clean and upon
        arriving back finding many letters in my mailbox from various groups I belong
        and warm friends that write on occasions, and most of all wonderful hearing
        that I have brought happiness to those that feel my poems.
        Here is another poem for you:

        Miracles come
        each day
        rolling
        and singing
        with love
        and caring
        when the mind
        turns toward
        the positive

        seeing through
        illusions
        Hope
        Love,
        pure old
        simple
        miracles
        come from the
        eye
        that sees
        the positive
        Even
        when along comes negative
        move over
        for I can
        made positive
        in everything I experience
        in a woven
        blissful
        day

        Patti
      • Karen Pennington
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 24, 2000
          Hi Patti, Yes, I know what you mean. I suppose it's
          the old not being able to see the forest for the trees
          until we stand on top of the mountain and look back
          into the valley. And I agree 110% it is truly nice to
          have friends you've never met face to face welcome you
          into their hearts as we do here on the internet. I
          have met some pretty astounding people all over the
          world. Not only is it good to have the various
          contacts but it serves as a validation to me that I am
          someone special who can share thoughts and feelings
          that are appreciated and helpful. How many times have
          we heard or read of someone who is a truly giving,
          caring person but is never appreciated for their gifts
          of love and compassion in their own homes. Sometimes
          distance is a wonderful thing. I've had strangers tell
          me very intimate details about their lives and then
          question why they did it. My answer has always been
          that it's easier to tell someone you don't see
          everyday something because you get to bare your soul,
          problem, etc., have an objective discussion about it,
          ask for help and not have to worry about the wrong
          people finding out. Sometimes those you say they love
          us and are our closest friends fall down in their
          protestations of love when faced with various problems
          we may have even when they have the very same problems
          themselves. I find that so sad and painful; but there
          is nothing I can do to end this part of human nature
          I've observed over the years. I hope you're having a
          GREAT week. Love & Hugs, Karen

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • pattimaris1675@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 25, 2000
            Good Morning Karen,
            Yes indeed, I had a spectacular weekend; one filled with insights, as well as
            warm gracious people.
            There isn't a day in my life that I don't wonder the very thing that you
            mentioned in your letter. But you know when those that claim to love us,
            fall short of it when we don't do as they desire, it isn't about us really,
            it is more about them, their struggling with some sort of insecurity, or
            delicate mind.
            Although it brings traumatic feelings and emotions within our own being, we
            do indeed receive lessons from it, and so it ends up -- our gift. Isn't life
            so wonderful that it even in emotional trying times, hurtful times, brings
            sweet gifts to us.

            O' I marvel at the beauty of life and what it has to offer us. And yes, it
            is a glowing pleasure to have those on this net touch our souls in such an
            enlightening way, validating us, and jolting us to feel ourselves, our inner
            spirit to acceptance, and to discover that we all really are a lovely bunch
            just trying to learn all that we can, taking, receiving and in an attempt to
            bring gaiety yet love to our life.

            I read a passage in a book last night that talked about what we need in our
            life; we all need to understand our story. We all need to understand life,
            death, and to cope with it, and to understand the mysterious to find out who
            we are. Or
            perhaps what we are seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life
            experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance within our own
            innermost being, and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being
            alive.
            Isn't life wonderful?
            Patti
          • Karen Pennington
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 25, 2000
              Life is, or atleast can be, a very efficient teacher
              of spiritual survivor lessons. Every day that comes we
              are given opportunities to discover new depths to us.
              Sometimes it is very difficult and sometimes very easy
              and sometimes a miracle happens and an epiphany
              strikes that changes our thinking and lives forever.
              Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are bad.
              How we interpret them, deal with them, and accept them
              into our beings determines the effect they have on us.
              And being all too human, sometimes we get it right and
              sometimes not. When the sometimes not happens, is when
              we are truly blessed if there are friends, either real
              or virtual, to help us deal with good and bad because
              sometimes it's hard to tell the good from the bad
              because the lessons we learn from either make us a
              more well rounded spirit. Thanks for being a friend,
              Love & Hugs, Karen

              http://photos.yahoo.com/
            • pattimaris1675@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 28, 2000
                Ah, Karen how well you know the path of learning, loving, and growing in the
                spirit. Your light is definitely shining this bright wonderful morning.
                As I look out my window, seeing the gray clouds hanging just a bit above the
                white fluffy ones and the atmosphere looking dark yet bright with some light
                shining down through gapes in the dark clouds, with earth still out there, no
                rain, wind nor joggers or walkers, yet when I look with my positive eyes, I
                see beauty, such great variety of colors; gray, white, green on the rolling
                mountains of shaded browns and little black and blue birds flying from one
                house top to the next or from one tree to the next, ah, such beauty it has.
                There are times when I look at nature, or the atmosphere and get such
                overwhelming energies from its beauty. IT has different beautiful settings.
                Some dark, some lighted with the full face of sun, then on rainy days, how
                the rainbow greets us across the heavens. Oh, I could just go on and on with
                the absolutely beauty is offers us.
                Even though I have been down with the flu, I know this is for my benefit too.
                I recently received an e-mail from a very cherish friend whom said;
                " One of my e-mail friends told me once that even icky things like
                flues and colds can be looked at positively. As we go through the
                healing process physically, things like this are also a cleansing
                process for our minds and hearts, if we just accept it, go with the flow
                of it, and gently nurse ourselves back to health. She said that in
                Japan, when people get viruses and such, they take it as a sign to enter
                into deep meditation, considering it a kind of blessing in disguise, as
                a chance to cleanse our entire system and make a fresh start on a new
                cycle. Makes it sound like sort of an adventure, doesn't it?"
                Ah, such a lovely lady whom brings such love. Hope and sunshine into my life
                that I had to share it with you all too.
                Love,
                Patti
              • Karen Pennington
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 31, 2000
                  Dearest Patti: I deeply appreciate your sharing this
                  with me. I, too, am one of those who sees
                  opportunities in most situations for growth and
                  acceptance that whatever we are going through the
                  Universe is still unfolding at its own pace and time.
                  I'm having a particularly difficult time finding
                  employment right now; but this is the first time I
                  have ever had the luxury of truly taking my time and
                  not being too devastated when I call a day after a job
                  was posted in the paper to find it has already been
                  filled. And the ones that are still accepting
                  applications have been so overwhelmed they are still
                  sorting through applicants for a start date on
                  interviewing. WHEW!*! So if you could remember my job
                  plight in your prayers and meditations, I would REALLY
                  appreciate it. Love & Hugs, Karen

                  http://im.yahoo.com/
                • pattimaris1675@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 31, 2000
                    Yes, Karen, indeed I will think positive thoughts toward your receiving a
                    good job; one that you will be happy, look forward going to work, in fact
                    each morning, I shall send out positive thoughts, also request everybody at
                    9am their own time to stop for a moment and send out positive thoughts to
                    every business that would be compatible with Karen's needs to contact her for
                    employment.
                    While looking for your employment place, know already that you have it, and
                    that it is coming to you, and indeed it will.
                    Please keep us informed, so we can also reap the blessings from the great
                    news.
                    Going to bed at night and visualizing the employment setting in your mind
                    will also send out the news of what you want.
                    Why is it so difficult for some to believe that we can do this, and yet not
                    think a thing about a little telephone wire sending our voices out all over
                    the world?
                    Isn't it ironic sometimes?
                    Oh life is indeed wonderful and sends us off on journeys that sometimes we
                    don't understand, but within do indeed know that it benefited us.
                    Oh, the grandness of such adventures and love that indeed surrounds us.
                    Karen, you are precious and the light is already within you, and you will
                    have the job that you want, so rest assured that life will come to you in the
                    way that it thinks is needed for you. Your faith is strong, and your heart
                    is loving -- just hold on until that message comes to you, and when it does,
                    don't forget to thank the heavens, universe, God, whatever you call it.
                    I wish you a very good day, one filled with smiles and a light heart.
                    Love,
                    Patti
                  • Karen Pennington
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 1, 2000
                      I really appreciate everyone holding me in their
                      thoughts. I've been telling myself all along the
                      perfect job just hasn't been perfected enough yet and
                      when it is ready for me, or I'm ready for it, the
                      telephone will ring. Believe me I will enjoy sharing
                      the blessings which come about as the universe
                      unfolds. I truly believe perception is 9/10ths the
                      battle to realization. I hope everyone is having a
                      GREAT WEEK and enjoying their own personal
                      rollercoasters. How many of us have had wonderful
                      epiphanies in the face of chaos and gone on to realize
                      we have been given a gift of freedom from something we
                      thought we were unable to conquor? I just love the
                      Dalai Lama's Instructions for Life in the New
                      Millennium. I have a copy printed out and posted on
                      the wall next to the computer for easy reference(ok,
                      so I wanted to put it where the 14 and 16 year old
                      sons would be forced to make eye contact). To quote:"
                      When you lose, don't lose the lesson. Remember, not
                      getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke
                      of luck. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve
                      immortality. The best relationship is one in which
                      your love for each other exceeds your need for each
                      other." Reading those every once in awhile makes me
                      read the Bible more because every time I read the
                      Instructions or the Bible, I find a different part of
                      my life that something applies to that didn't apply
                      that way a day before. WOW Love, Hugs, and Many Thanks
                      to All, Karen

                      http://photos.yahoo.com/
                    • pattimaris1675@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 1, 2000
                        Good Morning Karen,
                        Your light is shining, and I agree that your job will come along when it is
                        supposed to; when that phone rings you will indeed be blessed with that one
                        the Universe had in mind for you. Oh yes indeed perception is 9/10ths of the
                        battle to realization, and it warms my heart to see another has reached those
                        understandings.
                        I am certainly having a great week; just came off a quiet meditative flu
                        period.
                        Now passing, I realize that it was there for a good reason, and coming out of
                        it brings more light, insights, and loving all the things that I had taken
                        for granted. When things are taken away, such as my garden, for almost a
                        week, I couldn't go out to it, only viewing it from my window, and after the
                        flu left me and i ran out into with my arms high to the heavens, running and
                        jumping and absolutely feeling the marvelous wonder, and then I sat down on
                        my Japanese bench and thought to myself, "Ah, this what my flu was all about,
                        to come back with more insight, taking nothing for granted, and growing in
                        the light!" And indeed, my rollercoaster
                        slowed down enough for me to see it.

                        I am going out of town tonight and won't be back until Sunday, so you all
                        take care, and you shall be in my thoughts as I take care of my business,
                        celebrate my birthday at my daughter's home, and simply spend time with my
                        new insights.
                        Love to you! And Karen, your job will come, and when it does, Oh do come in
                        and share it with us.
                        With much love,
                        Patti
                      • Karen Pennington
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 2, 2000
                          Oh, don't worry. You guys will be the first ones to
                          hear about it and we'll all celebrate together with a
                          great big AMEN. Patti, have a great trip and a VERY
                          MERRY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!*! Love & Hugs, Karen

                          From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
                          http://experts.yahoo.com/
                        • pattimaris1675@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 5, 2000
                            Thanks Karen,
                            I am back of news that my trip was filled with love and beauty. My daughter
                            and her family had me over for my birthday dinner on Friday; ah, a nice warm
                            fire in the fireplace sending out its warmth as I stood and warm my hands to
                            remove the chill from my shoulders, one by one they each came to wish me a
                            happy birthday and a warm loving hug; son-in-law whom is like a son, my
                            daughter, granddaughter, and grandson, we laughed and shared old stories, new
                            stories, as we all prepared dinner, cutting up salads, fresh veggies to steam
                            - later to open presents of love, and beautifully worded cards. Tears ran
                            down my face, being so touched by it all, late in the evening we sat around
                            the warm fire gently sharing more stories until it was time to bid them all a
                            goodbye.
                            Such a wonderful time I had.
                            Thanks for the Happy birthday wish Karen, you are so kind and filled with
                            love in your heart.
                            I won't go on with anymore, as I am still a bit tired from my trip home.
                            Love,
                            Patti
                          • Karen Pennington
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 13, 2000
                              It really sounds like you had a Hallmark kind of
                              visit. What a wonderful pleasure to hear of this kind
                              of love being openly shared with joy and energy in
                              this day and age. I'm just now getting back on line. I
                              sent a separate e-mail thanking everyone who had
                              prayed for me in my job hunt. I was officially hired
                              today but won't start until they can get paperwork
                              finished. A special warm hug from me. Love, Karen

                              http://photos.yahoo.com/
                            • Nachiketan
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 15, 2005

                                Dear All,

                                Namaste,

                                A spiritual Friend told me recently that Satan has left our world..That there is not no Satan anymore.

                                I could only laugh..I have been wanting to write a poem on the ongoing confusing battle of two powers..There is a Brute Power of Muscle and force and the other one is of Illiterate, illfeed people.

                                So I felt like writing poems on this mad rush of war, hatred & love..Since you are my friends I am giving you this Beautiful gift of my 2 Poems for Free..

                                Love You All Lots,

                                Nachi.

                                **

                                The soldiers on both side Fight the War in belief in their God..
                                and it makes one compare to find out the lesser evil of these Two Gods..
                                Our God asks for killing for Peace and to Rape the helpless woman, and harm innocent child
                                and their God asks them to slaughter a man..
                                since when did the God felt this thirst for Blood?
                                and Since when did God asked for men to rape, kill and loot on Childs Faith in God?
                                A Friend tells me that the Satan is No More in this world..
                                And I say to Him..with all the Killings, Rapes Going on in Gods Name..
                                Maybe it isn't Surprise that the Satan Has left our world..
                                Maybe Its Fight between Two Gods Hereon..
                                Its a War between Our God and Their God..
                                Such is the time that People do not fear Satan Anymore..
                                Evil has lost its shine of the sword.
                                Man has created A New Satan in the Name of God.

                                *

                                Everytime someone gets killed, raped or hurt I tie a knot to my heart
                                Everytime I shout in anger and pain...I tie another knot..
                                and then there comes a time..when the Heart goes soo small
                                wrinkled and wrangled and it hurts and bleeds even to touch the heart..
                                So I think of Love and Loving Someone Instead..
                                to untie one knot..
                                and as the forces march on with their wars and games of hatred.
                                I too charge up myself with a war..
                                The war of Hugging, Kissing, loving As many People As I can..
                                To Bring Life back to hearts, and to untie the knots that I have in my heart.