Re: The True Teacher has no students

  • dattapr2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
      dear friend

      you mean Krishna who preached Bhagavat Gita is not a Satguru? please
      don't come to some hasty conclusions. by chance you concluded this
      by seeing Ramana Maharshi or what? anyway the correct interpretation
      is...

      Differentiate Satguru & Guru

      In the word Satguru, the prefix `Sat' means truth. A Satguru always
      preaches the truth. Truth is always harsh and is not liked by
      several people. Therefore a Satguru will have only very few
      disciples. A Satguru says that the path with thorns will lead to
      the Lord. People will not like this. He also says that the path
      with flowers leads to hell. People will not be happy with this
      preaching. A Guru preaches which several people like. The Guru
      says that the nature of the goal will be the nature of the path.
      Since the Lord is full of bliss the path also must be with flowers
      giving happiness. Since the hell is giving you lot of pain the path
      with thorns which also gives lot of pain must lead to the hell.
      This argument is very attractive.

      Several people will like this and will become the followers of
      Guru. Several people will praise him and give lot of Guru Dakshina
      because his argument is pleasant. But a Satguru says that the path
      with thorns alone will lead to the Lord because in this path you
      have to cut the bonds with your family and with your hard-earned
      money. Sacrifice gives lot of pain and sacrifice alone will lead to
      the Lord. The path with flowers strengthens your bonds with your
      family and money which gives you lot of happiness. Such path leads
      to the hell.

      Several people do not like such argument and so only one or two
      persons who can realize the truth will become His disciples. A
      Satguru will never worry about the number of the disciples
      and about the quantity of Guru Dakshina. Even if a single disciple
      is available He is happy. Majority always goes to hell. Only one
      in millions like Sankara, Vivekananda, Meera can reach the Lord.
      Diamonds are always in minority. Gravel stones are in majority.
      Therefore a Satguru will be only one in thousands of Gurus and a
      true disciple will be only one in millions of disciples. When you
      are doing prayers you are praising the Lord as a poet praises a
      king. The foolish king may give some gift to the poet.

      But the omniscient Lord can never be fooled by such praise. When
      you sing songs are chant the name of the Lord or express the
      feelings of devotion by shedding tears or by meditation you are
      getting the happiness and peace immediately. You have achieved the
      fruit. The Lord will not give another fruit for these things. When
      you are pained and loose peace by cutting the family bonds and by
      sacrificing your work and wealth to the Lord, then only the Lord
      will give the real gift to you. When you are working in the field
      for the owner, doing the work pains you. The owner will pay money
      for your work. Without doing the work, if you are simply chanting
      the name of the owner or sing songs on the owner, a wise owner will
      never give any gift.

      You have already derived the bliss and peace by eating the sweet in
      your hand. Why should I pay you when you are eating the sweet?
      When you sacrifice the sweet to me I shall pay you. A Satguru
      teaches only the sacrifice which is the path with thorns leading to
      the Lord. Veda says that sacrifice alone can bring the grace of
      the Lord (Dhanene Tyagenaike). If you ask the payment by
      prayers and devotion the Lord will pay you from your pocket only.
      He will bring the results of good deeds from your future life cycles
      and present them to you. But when you are sacrificing the sweet to
      the Lord in spite of your hunger and your heart pain, the Lord
      rewards you from His pocket. Therefore the true path leading to the
      Lord can be identified by loss of peace, mental worry, pain etc.,
      The path to the hell is identified by peace, happiness, benefit
      etc., Satguru leads you to the Lord and Guru leads you to the hell.

      at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
      surya
      www.universal-spirituality.org

      --- In lovingpurelove@yahoogroups.com, "Ashok Wadekar"