Fwd: [kleercut.net] ACTION ALERT: Today is the International Boreal Day of Action!

  • crystalpyramid@snafu.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005

      Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 06:40:29 -0800 (PST)
      From: Greenpeace <info@...>

      42ae53.jpg

      The International Day of Action to Save the Boreal is here!

      At this very moment, over 350 events are unfolding in towns and cities across North America. Activists just like you are standing in the street, in cold and hot weather, in the sun and rain, taking action to save the Boreal forest. They're setting up information tables and mock clearcuts in public squares, adopting grocery stores, and protesting at Kimberly-Clark mills and offices. They're dressing up as forest animals, toilet rolls, and trees, launching campaigns in their schools, and dropping banners over busy overpasses. Events are happening in such diverse cities as Wichita, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, San Francisco and Knoxville.

      As much as we've all been looking forward to November 3rd, Kimberly-Clark execs must have been dreading it - over 180 events in 160 cities are targeting Kimberly-Clark directly, demanding that the company stop making disposable products out of ancient forests. And if they thought they could shut their curtains and make it all go away, they were wrong - because the tens of thousands of people around the world are helping bring the message right to their desks. Read on to find out how?

      Two things you can do right now to crank this day of action up a notch

      No matter where in the world you live, there are two things you can do right now to bring the message home to Kimberly-Clark:

      1) Go straight to the top

      Many of you have already called Kimberly-Clark's customer service line. But the company hasn't changed yet - and at Greenpeace, when we don't get the results we want, we escalate! So it?s time to take your calling to the next level by by-passing the customer service desk and going straight to the top. Today, we're asking you to call Ken Strassner, Vice-President Environment for Kimberly-Clark, directly on his private line. For his number and some talking points, click here

      2) Tell them what you really think

      Kimberly-Clark has a customer feedback form where they ask consumers to tell them what they think. We?ve made a few, ahem, adjustments to the page to make it easy for you to tell them exactly what you think about a multinational company making toilet paper and facial tissue out of old growth forests. Click here to send some honest feedback to Kimberly-Clark right now

      This is just the beginning?

      Today represents more than just a spike in pressure and bad publicity for companies like Kimberly-Clark - the first ever International Day of Action to Save the Boreal Forest represents the largest infusion of energy, awareness, and activism that?s ever gone into saving this magnificent ecosystem. Congratulations & keep up the great work!

      Richard, Christy and Hubert
      Greenpeace Forest Team

      42b0a2.jpg» K L E E R C U T . N E T