Fwd: This Thanksgiving, One Easy Thing You Can Do

  • crystalpyramid@snafu.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005

      49a59be.jpg49a5a40.jpg49a5a73.jpg
      Skip a Meal for Oxfam
      November 1, 2005

      ,

      In a year in which emergencies have exposed unchecked poverty around the world and in our own backyard, never has Oxfam’s work­to address the root causes of poverty­been more important.

      Please join us in a special event to support Oxfam’s efforts to address the oppressive poverty that makes every day an emergency for far too many.

      On November 17th, the Thursday before Thanksgiving, skip a meal to remember the more than 850 million people who are hungry. Then, contribute the money saved to Oxfam. Click here to tell Oxfam you will skip a meal, and then click here to make your donation.

      Skip a Meal for Oxfam is part of Oxfam America’s Fast for a World Harvest campaign. For more than 30 years, Oxfam supporters have made the Fast part of their Thanksgiving tradition, celebrating our season of plenty by remembering those in need.

      Please join us in this simple act. If you’d like to do even more, tell a friend. Click here for more ways to participate in the Fast, including the extremely popular Oxfam America Hunger Banquet.

      Most importantly, mark your calendar.

      Skip a Meal for Oxfam on Thursday, November 17th.

      And give thanks­as we will here at Oxfam­for the millions of lives that have been saved this year by the profound generosity of so many who care. And for the very real chance we all have to end poverty.

      Sincerely,

      Celeste Bettencourt
      Outreach Program Assistant
      fast@...
      oxfamamerica.org/fast
      800-597-FAST

      Donate | Who We Are | What We Do | What You Can Do | News & Publications | Contact Us

      Update Personal Profile | Tell your friends about Oxfam America |
      49a5aaf.jpg
      49a5b09.jpg
      49a5b3b.jpg