Important PC safety Tip to share

  • nachiketan@sify.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
       We copy various data by ctrl+c for pasting elsewhere. This copied data
      is stored in clipboard and is accessible from the net by a combination
      of _JavaScript's and ASP.
      Just try this:
      1) Copy any text by ctrl+c
      2) Click the Link:
      http://www.friendlycanadian.com/app...s/clipboard.htm
      3) You will see the text you copied on the Screen which was
      accessed by this web page.
      Do not keep sensitive data (like passwords, creditcard numbers, PIN
      etc.) in the clipboard while surfing the web. It is extremely easy to
      extract the text stored in the clipboard to steal your sensitive
      information.

      Solution
      To Avoid This

      To avoid this, do the following: Tools
      1. Go to internet options->security

      2. Press custom level

      3. In the security settings, select disable under Allow paste operations via script.
      Now the contents of your clipboard are safe.