Simply, the present moment

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 1, 2005

      Simply, the present Moment

      One of the most revealing  questions we ask clients is how frequently in their lives they experience a sense of joy or deep satisfaction. The most common answer is "rarely". Think for a moment about your own life. how many hours a week do you devote to activities purely for the pleasure and renewal they provide? What percentage of the time would you describe yourself as feeling deeply relaxed? When was the last time you truly let go and felt fully disconnected?

      Today's quote is shared from John Allen's desk calendar   - "The Power of Full Engagement"  by Tony Schwartz and Jim Loehr

      The circular disc in the centre of this graphic was taken from a Mandala painted by Wendy McLellan. Wendy, Mary and I sat with me while we created this graphic, entitled by Wendy as Awakening.

      Awakening fitted so well with the words from today's quote. The words and the graphic allow us the opportunity to choose the path of "awakening" and what are we waking to?

      we talk (and read) frequently of transformation and the symbolism of the butterfly.

      We transform

      we transit

      we ascend

      into spirituality?

      well maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      into the recognition   -  of our journey? our path?

      greater knowledge and awareness - well maybe?

      BUT!!!!! we are already Spiritual beings enjoying a physical path

      and there are plenty of articles, lectures, workshops on this topic

      Do we really enjoy ourselves?

      is life!!!! passing by, as we focus on where we should be?

      It is not easy to focus on the present moment - this very minute in time and ask

      -is there joy and deep satisfaction in my life?

      If not? why not?

      Am I too busy focusing on survival and bill paying?

      am I too busy gaining spirituality - to enjoy LIFE?

      Our hearts go out to all those who are suffering from the natural disasters like Katrina

      and to those experiencing 'war'

      or intolerance within the community

      - we can go inward and look at the long term effect of these events and how they will affect humanity

      But we, the individual need to look to ourselves.

      We need to learn how to be filled with joy and deep satisfaction.

      This is the seed from which the change comes.

      We can be so busy hugging the tree that we can forget to water the roots.

      ....... for we, you and I are the roots!!

      Remember the song - everyone loves a lover.

      You ARE the lover

      begin by loving self - nurturing self - finding joy in each daily activity

      ... then, Lo! deep satisfaction sets in - and remains

      and permeates into general consciousness

      Joy and happiness are contagious

      Are you willing to join me by living in the moment and finding satisfaction?

      This is the Awakening

      with love

      from Gaele Arnott, Wendy McLellan here in  Brisbane Australia on this first day of September, 2005

      the midi playing is: Awakening

      Light a candle for Peace

      Please sit with me each day, with me at the Dinner hour. (whenever this is for you)

      Let us all desire a world where we each reside in harmony, free from war and destruction

      today's candle graphic is from PatchesAngel ( Ohio , USA )

      should you wish to be included on the moment list please email me at: gaeleaus@...

       At the current time there is much discussion over whether music may be shared on the internet.There are moves to make music readily available without fear of retribution - some musicians will provide their music for "free"

      http://www.webmasterpaste.com/music.html

      It is my intention to share with you midis I have collected for your personal use. There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. The music is used to enhance the message and the graphic shared with you. If you wish to purchase any soundtrack and have difficulty in doing so then I would be pleased to "help you hunt" for that piece through my local music store as I have previously done for requested pieces. (especially if they're Australian). Meanwhile enjoy the moment and the music with my love

      Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.
      by Richard Bach from The Messiah's Handbook in Illusions

      Evolution is a leap in consciousness

       http://www.CosmicEvolution.org/Enter.html

       you might also have to add my screen name to your address book and buddy list to keep it from going into the spam folder
      Fix Spam/Mail ControlsMail and Spam Controls

      Uncheck the box for auto AOL to filter your mail.
      Do this for each screen name you use.
      Look periodically to make sure AOL hasn't
      hanged the settings back to filter your mail.

    • Gaele Arnott
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 24, 2007
        This article was forwarded to me from someone close to me as a reminder that each moment is precious.
        My sister Chris had a heart attack on the 16th August and was in a coma for a week. Today she is awake - still in intensive care with a long road to recovery. These words are for us each to enjoy the moment - with love
        Gaele

        Simply, the present Moment

        When you were younger did you dream of life as you would wish it to be?
        Did you hope for it to be peaceful, abundant and serene?
        Did you feel invincible? nothing could stand in your way - you could achieve or be!!
        Then you come to reflect on life and found it was not as you dreamt it to be.
        Is it better than you thought it to be?
        Do you look at all aspects of life in a positive manner, knowing that it's exactly how it was meant to be.
        For you to grow and develop into the 'how you are today' - you needed the ups and downs
        - the comings and goings of life.
        Life is not about forever sitting dreaming and writing in your journal of hopes and desires - it's about meeting life and living the dreams.
        Sometimes the reality doesn't meet our expectation but then time goes by and you realise that a hand did guide you past the expectation into a field much richer and greener than the one which did exist in thought.
        maybe the path was a little rocky and you did stumble once or twice on the uneven ground but how rich is the memory of that journey?
        There are some aspects which we would choose not to experience again, but in the full context of life in review, they are very few.
        Life is rich with the people we include in our journey as well as the games we play with those in our life.
        Have you considered this FUN?
        do you laugh in joy at the memory?
        Peace comes in moments of stress if you can review and hug these memories to you.
        Know that everything has a cycle and if you are finding the 'going' is tough at the moment, then allow memory to let you know it will end. Good times are ahead.
        Easier days will be here.
        You will laugh and jump in joy as the sun sparkles in your field.
        Enjoy this moment - for it will not come again
        Enjoy the difficult moment as much as the good for the strength comes from the difficult so that the enjoyment may be more fulfilling when that time comes.

        a forward on the 25th august from Gaele Arnott, Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Tuesday the 11th July, 2006

        Todays graphic is created by Gaele in PSP9
        the frame used is from the mouse of PatchesAngel, Ohio USA

        should you wish to be subscribe to the moment list please email me at: gaele.arnott@...

        the midi playing is : Endearing Young Charms
        http://www.grandpaschober.com/

        The Peace Candle

        I ask that you join me each day at the dinner hour (evening meal) in lighting a candle together, so that we as One People may join voices together for Peace On Earth.
          Together we can create a reality free of fear, greed and manipulation, where all people in all lands may have the freedom to move freely in joyful harmony.

          the candle graphic today is from the creativity of PatchesAngel, gifted to us all in love

          Evolution is a leap in consciousness
             There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. The music is used to enhance the healing within the message and  graphic shared with you. If  you enjoyed this music, you are encouraged to purchase the CD

            you might also have to add my screen name to your address book and buddy list to keep it from going into the spam folder
            Fix Spam/Mail ControlsMail and Spam Controls

            AOL addresses: Uncheck the box for auto AOL to filter your mail.  Do this for each screen name you use.
            Look periodically to make sure AOL hasn't changed the settings back to filter your mail