snips

  • ~*Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005
      snips

      We deserve the best life and love have to offer, be we are each faced with the challenge of learning to identify what that means in our life. We must each come to grips with our own understanding of what we believe we deserve, what we want, and whether we are receiving it. There is only one place to start, and that is right where we are, in our current circumstances. The place we begin is with us.
      What hurts? What makes us angry? What are we whining and complaining about? Are we discounting how much a particular behavior is hurting us? Are we making excuses for the other person, telling ourselves we're "too demanding"? Are we reluctant, for a variety of reasons, especially fear, to tackle the issues in our relationships that may be hurting us? Do we know what's hurting us and do we know that we have a right to stop our pain, if we want to do that?
      We can begin the journey from deprived to deserving. We can start it today. We can also be patient and gentle with ourselves, as we travel in important increments from believing we deserve second best, to knowing in our hearts that we deserve the best, and taking responsibility for that.
      Today, I will pay attention to how I allow people to treat me,and how I feel about that. I will also watch how I treat others. I will not overreact by taking their issues too personally and too seriously; I will not underreact by denying that certain behaviors are inappropriate and not acceptable to me.
      Melody Beattie ©

      "This is the spiritual meaning of intimacy: growth inward, past our mask and fears and recklessness, to the sacred place where we are naked before God and each other." Marianne Williamson

      AA Thought of the Day / Many of us who had thought ourselves religious awoke to the limitations of this attitude. Refusing to place God first, we had deprived ourselves of His help. / 12 & 12, p.75

      When we fall in love with ourselves, we automatically fall in love with life and everybody else. When we accept our own vulnerability right alongside our greatness, it is easy to accept other people as they are. When we see the greatness within us, we can see the greatness within them. The same greatness that lies in us lies in them. Our greatness, the very best of who we are, is that pure place of love inside. It is not the stuff -- nothing we can put on, or erect, or produce.
      Jan Denise

      Neither the word "free" nor any corresponding term occurs in the root language [of the Sioux], in the primal concept; there was never anything for the Indian to free himself from. His spirit was not seeking truth but holding on to truth. And his was the mind nourished by choice. Whatever he needed to know was sooner or later revealed to him. And that which he desired to know - the best way to achieve his maximum spiritual potential - was the only mystery he chose to investigate.
      Ruth Beebe Hill

      When we transcend ourselves and become in our ascent towards God so simple that the bare supreme Love can lay hold of us, then we cease, and we and all our selfhood die in God. And in this death we become the hidden children of God, and find a new life within us.
      Jan van Ruysbroeck

      I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
      Kahlil Gibran

      I have always known that I would take this road, but yesterday I did not know that it would be today ...
      Ariwara no Narihira

      If you're going through hell, keep going...
      Sir Winston Churchill

      namaste...
      jeff

      Jim Wilkins
      Senior Frame Estimator
      Tappe Construction, Co

      Ships in harbor are safe, but that's not what ships are built for - John Shedd
      Instead of thinking of the problem, think of the answer - Ernest Holmes

      The information in this email may contain confidential information that
      is legally privileged. The information is only for the use of the intended
      recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you
      are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking
      of any action in regard to the content of this email is strictly prohibited.  If
      transmission is incorrect, unclear, or incomplete, please notify the sender
      immediately. The authorized recipient(s) of this information is/are prohibited
      from disclosing this information to any other party and is/are required to
      destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.

      Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
      sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
      states them to be the views of Tappe Construction Co.

      This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned
      for the presence of computer viruses.Scanning of this message and
      addition of this footer is performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter software
      in conjunction with virus detection software.