Help protect dogs and cats in breeding facilities

  • constance kosuda
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      Dear Friend,

      I thought you might be interested in this HSUS campaign to
      increase protections for dogs and cats at mass breeding
      facilities.

      As you know, puppy mills are large scale breeding operations
      that churn out animals with little regard for humane treatment.
      What you may not know is that many of these operations are
      classified as "pet stores," because they sell directly to the
      public through the Internet or newspaper ads, and therefore are
      exempt from the minimum standards of care required by the Animal
      Welfare Act.

      Members of Congress have introduced PAWS, the Pet Animal Welfare
      Statute, to require these operations to be licensed by the USDA
      and to follow the Animal Welfare Act. I hope you will join me in
      urging your members of Congress to support PAWS. It only takes a
      minute. Here is the link:
      https://community.hsus.org/campaign/2005_PAWS2?rk=w7qRiVF14RfgW