Essence of Paradise 08.31.2002 [Agoraphobia]

  • OriginAll Essence
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2002

      ESSENCE  of  PARADISE

      Love is the Purest Essence of our being.
      Life is an adventure in Paradise
      Enjoy It While You Can!

      Baba Kundi Ma'at-Shambhala

      Word For Today: "AGORAPHOBIA"

      :abnormal fear of being helpless in an embarrassing or unescapable situation that is characterized especially by the avoidance of open or public places

      MOTION

      To the disciples who were always asking for words of wisdom the Master said, "Wisdom is not expressed in words.  It reveals itself in action."

      But when he saw them plunge headlong into activity, he laughed aloud and said, "That isn't action.  That's motion."

      Anthony de Mello, S.J.

      MORSEL:

      Spirituality lies in regarding existence merely as a vehicle for contemplation, and contemplation merely a vehicle for joy.

      George Santayana

      v   v   v

      * This is made possible in part by Scott Reeves.

      Create A Beauty-Full Life, One Day At A Time!
      Love, Respect, Cherish and Support 'All' Life!
      Minister Baba Kundi Ma'at-Shambhala

      Meditation for this 2002-08-31

      "Sometimes you feel tired, upset, discouraged ... And then, in the evening, you go to sleep. By going to sleep you escape to another world and the next morning when you wake up you feel completely refreshed. What happened? You simply managed to flee, and the inner enemies that were chasing you were not able to catch you. This happens automatically in sleep, but you can do this consciously as well, when you are awake. The worries, problems and sorrows you feel are entities that are chasing you, and the only way to escape them is by changing worlds. If the problem lies in your heart, betake yourself into your intellect; if the problem lies in your intellect, then flee to your heart or to your soul. If you feel pursued in your soul as well, seek refuge in your spirit. In the spirit, nothing or no-one can reach you."

      Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

      How To Find Your REAL Self Again
      By Kathy Gates, Professional Life Coach

      On the surface it seems an odd idea that you could actually be anything other than who you really are. But from the time we can talk, we're being programmed to "fit in". We find ourselves conforming in order to please the people we love, and who love us. But sometimes that means that you have to suppress what you know is the real person inside.

      If you're ready to get re-acquainted with someone you haven't seen in a while - yourself - start with these 5 ideas to help you rediscover the real you.

      Quiet the noise in your head. You know those voices well, the ones that are constantly nagging you to pick up the dry cleaning, talk to the school teacher, juggle the bills, call your mother, keep the kids in line, and keep the boss happy. With all that noise going on, it will be impossible for you to hear anything above the din. This MUST be the first step. How do you do that? By setting up systems, simplifying, and establishing enough extras in your life to allow you to operate from a position of abundance, instead of lack.

      Learn how to- and practice - thinking about yourself in healthy ways. In order to do that, you must first BELIEVE that you are valuable, and your Real Self has something to offer the world. Since you talk to yourself more than everyone else in your life combined, --that's a lot of talk!-it's up to YOU to establish the healthy communication in your thinking. Consciously listen to how you talk to yourself; write down the unhealthy things you say; challenge them; and replace them with facts. Talk: "You never do anything right." Challenge: "Of course I do things right. I did (example) right. I did (example) right. This time, I just made a mistake. I'll learn from it and have better success next time."

      Listen to your heart. Sounds easy enough, but by the time we're adults, most of us have stopped listening to our hearts and go only with our heads. Those two must reconnect in order to find your real self. It's easy to become accustomed to thinking about your feelings instead of really feeling them. Instead of asking yourself what you think about something, ask yourself what you feel. Ask yourself why it's important. What are you comfortable with? What's difficult for you? Be careful not to get hung-up on a specific goal, when what you're really after is a specific feeling. Keep an open mind to the feelings, and be willing to adjust the methods you use to achieve them.

      Uncover your natural strengths and your natural talents. Trust your instinct. Look back at your childhood, and make a list of things that you used to love to do. Ask why you stopped doing them. If you always loved adventure, it's a good bet that's a part of the REAL you. Notice what things you now do during your day - even if only for a few minutes - when you feel the most happy. If you have no idea what the real you is, begin to experiment with things that you find you used to like.

      Look back again over your life, and begin to remember times when you felt the happiest. What were you doing? Who were you with? What skills were you using? Be willing to tell the truth about who you are, and what you want in your life. Stop trying to "be" who or what you think you ought to be. Instead, determine that you are comfortable with what you want in your life, and how you want to address the world.

      © Copyright 2002, Kathy Gates

      \
      AFFIRMATION

      Because Of What Is In Me, I Have So Much To Offer.
      I Open Up, And Share That Which Is In Me With Everyone.

      Baba Kundi Ma'at-Shambhala
      Copyright © 2002

      Peace, Love, and Light To All of Creation!
      Create A Beauty-Full and Prosperous Life,
      One Day At A Time!

      Excellence Award

      ESSENCE OF PARADISE is never sent unsolicited, it is only sent to e-mail addresses that were requested to be added to our mailing list by someone. If you are receiving it in error someone is either forwarding it to you or requested a subscription for your e-mail address. To be removed from this list please send a return e-mail with REMOVE in the Subject box. To be added to the mailing list please send a return e-mail with SUBSCRIBE in the Subject box.

                                                                                                                             PEACE, LOVE AND LIGHT!

      All Outgoing E-mail Is Certified Virus Free
      E-mails are checked by Norton AntiVirus

      Norton SystemWorks 2002
      © 1995-2002 Symantec Corporation