Snips

  • ~*Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005

      Part of letting go is to recognizing that you are a part of this universe and not separate from it. Perhaps a situation has come up in your life recently that signals an ending-the passing of a relative, the end of a relationship, the loss of a job. The people we love and the things we do contribute to our sense of who we are. When the people and things we love are threatened, taken away, we can rebel. We want to hold on to the known and don't want to see what's on the other side.
      Let go of the uncontrollable in your life. You're not a solitary being in this great universe, set to struggle against all of the forces; you're part of the whole. And the changes that come-whether they're joyous or sad, easy or difficult-are just part of the growing process that each of us goes through.
      Feel the pain when you have a loss. Feel the joy when you triumph. Then let go and continue to grow. See how connected you are.
      God, help me recognize that I am a part of your creation and don't need to fight it. Help me live in peace and celebration of life.
      Melody Beattie ©

      "The places in our personality where we tend to deviate from love are not our faults, but our wounds"...
      Marianne Williamson

      AA Thought for the Day / Nearly all of us suffered the feeling that we didn't quite belong. / c. 12 & 12, p. 57

      We are here because there is no refuge finally from ourselves. Until a person confronts themselves through the eyes and hearts of others they are running. Until they share their secrets, to suffer them, they have no safety from them. They will be alone. Where else but on this common ground can we find such a mirror. Here, at last, a person can appear clearly to themselves; not as the giant of their dreams nor the dwarf of their fears, but as a man or woman, a part of the whole with their share in its purpose. On this ground we can each take root and grow, not alone anymore as in death, but alive to ourselves and to others.
      Richard Beauvais

      It is in our weakest moment that we find our greatest strength. It is in our vulnerability that we find promise and depth. It is in our hopelessness that we find hope. It is when we give up on what we can see that we reach beyond it and find the love that transcends it. It is when we find the courage to get naked and free ourselves of pretense that the sun and the hope move in our direction. It is when we act from our higher self, that pure place within, that we fall in love with who we are. It is when we experience the self-verification of being true to ourselves that we know joy.
      Jan Denise

      The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds.
      R. D. Laing

      To a man who hesitated to embark on the spiritual quest for fear of the effort and renunciation, the Master said: "How much effort and renunciation does it take to open one's eyes and see?"
      Anthony de Mello, SJ

      Sin is an obstruction in the heart; an inability to feel and comprehend all that is noble, true and great, and to take part in the good.
      The Talmud

      "Your imagination is your preview to life's coming attractions."
      Albert Einstein

      http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ4QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZks11967