Cosmic Consciousness -the number 23

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005

      Cosmic Consciousness

      "coincidences" as the teacher

      My friend Wai Leng asked me for a resume on the number 23 so I'm sharing thoughts and some research with you.

      I vaguely recalled from own days in school, the discussions on the law of probability and how they had used 23 as the example to prove - that if 23 people are gathered together then 2 or more will have been born on the same day. I have included the mathematics of this below - should you wish to read it. Thinking along these 'thoughts' lead me to share with you the graphic with 23 images of people in it. I have not created an equal balance of male and female but do wish to note that we each have 23 chromosomes given to us by our father and our mother - an important part of our biological makeup, in creating us as 'ordinary' humans. Some people are special and receive an extra chromosome. The letter W is the 23rd letter of the English alphabet and is a double U - so once again 23 is in balance. In double digit numerology 23 is a promoter of causes, a freedom fighter a little unrealistic but loves people.

      As a divinatory tool I turned to the Runes - No. 23 Othila

      keywords: separation, inheritance, ancestral home.

      Othila is a sign that new directions should be taken. The past separates the present and broadens your attitude. New directions are signposted, however it is very important to honour your ancestors at this time. This is a time to searhc for the truth. Inheritance with Othila may mean that it is just that, but is also wise to think that it also alledes to relingquishing something old so that the new you may emerge. It is time to  realise your potential. Othila is the Rune of 'acquisition and benefit". Othila is telling you it is time for radical severance (clearing) in your life. Sometimes it is of greater wisdom to retreat than fight

      23 is suggesting that you allow yourself the time to know yourself and step into the power which you have allowed to dissipate.

      With a birthday on the 23rd of the month you are inclined to work well with people and enjoy them. You are talented and versatile, very good at presenting ideas. You may have a tendency to get itchy feet at times and need change and travel. You tend to be very progressive, imaginative and adaptable. Your mind is quick, clever and analytical. A restlessness in your nature may make you a bit impatient and easily bored with routine. You may have a tendency to shirk responsibility. Very sociable, you make friends easily and you are an excellent traveling companion.

      same information on http://www.pathwaystoempowerment.com/Fun.htm

      The first twelve prime numbers are -

      2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37

      A number is called prime if its only factors are one and itself.

      Many numbers can be made by multiplying smaller numbers together. For example -
      3 x 7 = 21
      - 3 and 7 are called factors of 21. But some numbers cannot be made in this way and these are called prime numbers. For example, 23 is a prime number because it cannot be made by multiplying together smaller numbers. Numbers like 21 which are not prime are sometimes called composite numbers.

      All prime numbers, apart from 2, are odd numbers.

      In a group of 23 people, at least two have the same birthday with the probability higher than 1/2.

      This could be reformulated the following way. There is a bag of 365 different items. We pick an item at random. Note which one it was and return it back into the bag. The question: how many items should we pick so that with a probability higher than 1/2 we would have picked the same item twice. The items in the bag are assumed to be thoroughly mixed before every trial. Is it not surprising that all it takes is 23 items?

      To prove our assertion let us start with just two people. What is the probability p2 that two random persons have the same birthday? It's easier to answer a related question. What is the probability q2 that two random persons have different birthdays? Obviously, p2 + q2 = 1. Thus answering one question we automatically get an answer to another.

      Thus we have a person with a birthday which falls onto one of the 365 days and ask what is the probability that another person has a different birthday. Since any day out of 365 but the birthday of the first person would make a different birthday, q2 = 364/365.

      Consider now three people. What is the probability q3 that no two of them have the same birthday? Obviously p3 + q3 = 1, where p3 is the probability that at least two of the group have the same birthday. As before, take one fellow and his birthday. The second has now 364 days to choose from and, if the third was born on any of the remaining 363 days they would form a "no-overlapping-birthday" group. Thus q3 = (364/365)·(363/365).

      Proceeding in this fashion we'll get q4 = (364/365)·(363/365)·(362/365), and so on. Since every fraction in these products is less than 1, the sequence q2, q3, q4, ... is decreasing. Therefore, the sequence p2, p3, p4, ... is increasing. Now, perhaps, it would be less surprising to learn that p23 > 1/2 . Remember that

      The Theory of Probability supplies not a small number of unexpected results, controversial problems and paradoxes.

      `Twenty-three, skidoo!' is an American catch phrase from the beginning of the century. It may have come from the stage play of Charles Dickens's A Tale of Two Cities where an old woman counts the victims being executed on the guillotine. As she speaks `Twenty-three!' the hero Sydney Carton is beheaded in the last act. Henry Miller's serious dramatisation of the story was parodied by Broadway comedians and became `Twenty-three, skidoo!'.

      Aleister Crowley (A tarot master) defined number 23 as "parting, removal, separation, joy, a thread, and life . . ."
      The mystical number 23
      Runes were found at:
      the midi playing is:The 23rd Psalm
      The Lord's My Shepherd
      Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

      Words: Scot­tish Psal­ter, 1650.
      Music: “Cri­mond,” Jes­sie S. Ir­vine, 1872.

      The Lord’s my Shepherd, I’ll not want.
      He makes me down to lie
      In pastures green; He leadeth me
      The quiet waters by.

      My soul He doth restore again;
      And me to walk doth make
      Within the paths of righteousness,
      Even for His own Name’s sake.

      Yea, though I walk in death’s dark vale,
      Yet will I fear no ill;
      For Thou art with me; and Thy rod
      And staff my comfort still.

      My table Thou hast furnishèd
      In presence of my foes;
      My head Thou dost with oil anoint,
      And my cup overflows.

      Goodness and mercy all my life
      Shall surely follow me;
      And in God’s house forevermore
      My dwelling place shall be.

      All lyrics are the copyright of their respective owners and are provided here only for educational purposes

      Should you have a coincidence in you life for which you would like an explanation
      if you would like to receive the daily cosmic consciousness message please email me at gaeleaus@...
      At the current time there is much discussion over whether music may be shared on the internet.There are moves to make music readily available without fear of retribution - some musicians will provide their music for "free"
      It is my intention to share with you midis I have collected for your personal use. There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. The music is used to enhance the message and the graphic shared with you. If you wish to purchase any soundtrack and have difficulty in doing so then I would be pleased to "help you hunt" for that piece through my local music store as I have previously done for requested pieces. (especially if they're Australian). Meanwhile enjoy the moment and the music with my love
      Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.
      by Richard Bach from The Messiah's Handbook in Illusions

      Evolution is a leap in consciousness

      you might also have to add my screen name to your address book and buddy list to keep it from going into the spam folder
      Fix Spam/Mail ControlsMail and Spam Controls

      Uncheck the box for auto AOL to filter your mail.
      Do this for each screen name you use.
      Look periodically to make sure AOL hasn't
      hanged the settings back to filter your mail.