Fwd: Send the Dalai Lama a Message for his Birthday

  • Constance Kosuda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      --- International Campaign for Tibet
      <info@...> wrote:

      > To: "Constance kosuda" <ckosuda@...>
      > Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:03:13 -0700
      > Subject: Send the Dalai Lama a Message for his
      > Birthday
      > From: "International Campaign for Tibet"
      > <info@...>

      ---------------------------------
      International Campaign for Tibet Dalai Lama Birthday
      Email June 30, 2005

      Dear Constance,

      Next Wednesday, on July 6th, His Holiness the Dalai
      Lama will turn 70 years young. We invite you to take a
      moment to send him a birthday message.

      In 1949, at the age of 15, the Dalai Lama took on the
      heavy burden of leading his country during the
      invasion and occupation of Tibet by Chinese Communist
      forces. He was eventually forced to flee Tibet in
      1959. Since then he has led Tibetans from exile in
      northern India.

      In 1989 the Dalai Lama received the Nobel Peace Prize
      for his commitment to non-violence in the struggle for
      Tibet and today he is respected around the world for
      his moral authority. As a global symbol of peace,
      understanding and compassion, the Dalai Lama works
      toward a diplomatic solution to the turmoil in Tibet,
      while promoting the preservation of Tibetan religion
      and culture.

      Today, we learned that the Dalai Lama's envoys have
      just concluded a fourth round of talks with Chinese
      officials in Bern, Switzerland. You can read more
      about this at www.savetibet.org. As Tibet supporters,
      we hope that this will lead to an end of the suffering
      of the Tibetan people.

      Now, as the Dalai Lama enters his 70th year with a
      determined commitment to achieving a negotiated
      solution for Tibet, you can send him wishes for a long
      life and the success of his vision for Tibet and the
      wider world.

      Sending a message to the Dalai Lama would be a
      wonderful gift for a man who wants nothing but freedom
      from oppression for the Tibetan people.

      By clicking on the link above, you can also send a
      postcard asking your friends to send him birthday
      message or you can request a complimentary "Save
      Tibet" Tibetan flag sticker.

      Thank you for helping to make the Dalai Lama's 70th
      birthday special.

      International Campaign for Tibet
      1825 Jefferson Place NW
      Washington, DC 20036
      United States of America
      Phone: 202.785.1515
      Fax: 202.785.4343
      info@...

      ICT Europe
      P.O. Box 3337
      1001 AC Amsterdam
      The Netherlands
      Phone: +31 (0)20 3308265
      Fax: +31 (0)20 3308266
      icteurope@...

      ICT Deutschland e.V.
      Marienstr. 30
      10117 Berlin
      Germany
      Phone: +49 (0)30 27879086
      Fax: +49 (0)30 27879087
      info@...

      To prevent mailbox filters from deleting mailings from
      International Campaign for Tibet, add
      info@... to your address book.

      To remove yourself from this mailing, please click
      here

      To remove yourself from all mailings from
      International Campaign for Tibet, please click here

      God bless you, all you love and all you touch with Peace, Prosperity, Perfect Health, Harmony and Happiness Thomas