poem

  • patti
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2003

        Gulf War Syndrome

        Another time...another war...
        We welcomed them home as heroes.
        Their illnesses caused by chemicals?
        Once again, our government says no.

        Do they think we have forgotten
        Agent Orange and the long fight
        our Viet Nam vets had to go through
        to show government studies weren't right?

        Don't waste our time with denials!
        We've been through it all before!
        Give our veterans ANY help they need,
        NOW! Before there is another war!

        On that day when you want to send them
        to fight again on foreign shores,
        they may remember how you let vets down,
        and, decide not to go like before.

        CeCe

        Copyright © 1999 by Cecilia Upson Covera, All Rights Reserved