Do you know what's in your drinking water?

  • constance kosuda
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2005
      Dear Friend:

      I was just reading about a shocking proposal called "Sewage
      Blending" - and thanks to the Bush Administration it may be
      coming to drinking water sources near you.

      Did you know that about 8 million Americans get sick from
      exposure to polluted waters? That's horrible enough, but it
      could get worse if the Environmental Protection Agency relaxes
      their restrictions on dumping sewage into our waterways.

      I sent an e-mail to Congress - can you, too? Click on the link
      below to take action.

      The EPA is convinced that diverting sewage from secondary
      treatment units is the answer to sewer system maintenance, but
      sewage dumping is more of a problem than a solution. Discharging
      sewage that has had no treatment to kill pathogens and remove
      pollutants can carry life-threatening diseases that could
      seriously affect children and the elderly.

      Please join me in taking a stand against sewage dumping. You can
      take action now by clicking here:

      http://action.lcv.org/campaign/sewage01?rk=Qpq9ks91OXNqW