Cosmic Consciousness

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2005
      Cosmic Consciousness
      "Coincidences" as our teacher
      the photo of the sky was taken just before Sunrise on 5/5/5
      the frame used is a PatchesAngel creation
      The Raven is tubed by me from a photograph

      How often have you walked down the street
      or entered a room
      to feel as though you have been there before?

      Is there such a 'thing' - notion as coincidence?
      or
      do you, like me believe that nothing happens by chance?

      there is always a reason
      we just don't necessarily see it,   - at the time.
      Hindsight is a wonderful experience as it allows us to participate in the understanding of the present moment.
      History and symbolism help us gain insight into the daily happenings of our lives.
      My belief is that coincidences exist to assist us in raising our "consciousness"
      Consciousness being that part of ourselves which recognises the spiritual part of our being.
      We understand that we have a shadow side.
      We acknowledge "Ego"
      ...for generations we looked no further than into 'religion' for our spiritual needs.
      with education and understanding we no longer 'need' religion to interpret our spirit and so we begin to look beyond religion into the truth of spirituality and the truth of our Soul Being.
      Religion is part of our Earth culture and we choose to incarnate into a belief system which may or may not change as we grow from baby into adult.
      Religion may serve the intellectual side of our spiritual person but whether it fills the need of the soul is another matter.
      Each day in many, many ways the wonders of the Universe are shown to us through the coincidences of our daily life.
      Learning to recognise the message needed to meet our spiritual need takes time and attention.
      Through Cosmic Consciousness it is my intent to share with you my perception of the symbolism within these events.

      The start of this message came through the Kraugh of a Raven.
      Ravens are not generally seen in this part of the world. Crows there are a plenty.
      I listened to Raven and heard the sound of new beginnings - a new story to be told
      and so have created Cosmic Consciousness

      enjoy your meeting with Raven
      and me, Gaele Arnott here in Brisbane Australia

      I talk with Crow
      the tree in the background is Tibouchina
      with Bouganvillea in the foreground

      "If a man had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows."
      --Henry Ward Beecher

       CROWS
      The following information is taken from Wonders of Crows by Wyatt Blassingame (New York: Dodd, Mead and Company, 1979), and Listen to the Crows by Laurence Pringle (New York: Thomas Y. Crowell Company, 1976).

      Crows in Language and Literature

      Crows are found in almost every part of the world, except for New Zealand. There is a common saying, "if a person knows only 3 birds in all the world, one of these will be a crow" (Blassingame, p. 3). In fact, crows are so popular that they've added words to our language: the "crow's nest" is a lookout at the top of a ship's mast (crows build their own nests very high); to "crow over" means to brag very loudly, inspired by the harsh voice of the crow; to "eat crow" means to take back what one has said.

      Crows are very popular in literature and myth. In Roman mythology, crows, or ravens, were once as white as snow. However, when one unfortunate crow brought some particularly bad news to the god Apollo, the god "Black'd the raven o'er, and bid him prate in his white plumes no more" (Blassingame, p. 14).

      In Norse mythology, the raven belonged to Odin, the god of war. The raven soared over the battlefield and fed on the bodies of the dead. (Crows are omnivorous, and will eat everything.)

      Lady Macbeth states:
      ...The raven himself is hoarse
      That croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan
      Under my battlements. (MacBeth, Act 1, sc. iv)

      Then, of course, there is Edgar Allen Poe's famous poem, "The Raven", which features a midnight visitor, whose only utterance is the word "nevermore."

      Ravens and Crows belong to the Corvidae, or "Crow", family of birds. This family is comprised of more than just crows, though. It also includes Magpies, Bluejays, Jackdaws, Rooks, Nutcrackers, and several others... over 100 different types of birds, of which only 40 or so are actually "crows". Members of the corvidae family can be found on every continent in the world (with the exception of Antarctica) and are all considered very intelligent birds. They are known for their inventive (and often mischievious) ways, their playful personalites, and their raucous calls.

      if you would like to receive the Cosmic Consciousness message please email me at gaeleaus@...

       the midi playing is an Australian Raven with other bird sounds

      Australian Raven: Description: the very distinctive call of the Australian Raven (Corvus coronoides) - 2 or 3 strong caws, trailing off to a mournful sigh. The bird repeats this a couple times, and then seems to be joined by another doing the same.
      Source: The Australian National Botanic Gardens collection of sounds
      http://www.shades-of-night.com/aviary/sounds/sounds.html

      Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.
      by Richard Bach from The Messiah's Handbook in Illusions

      Evolution is a leap in consciousness

      you might also have to add my screen name to your address book and buddy list to keep it from going into the spam folder
      Fix Spam/Mail ControlsMail and Spam Controls

      Uncheck the box for auto AOL to filter your mail.
      Do this for each screen name you use.
      Look periodically to make sure AOL hasn't
      hanged the settings back to filter your mail.

    • Gaele Arnott
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2005
        Cosmic Consciousness
        "coincidences" as the teacher
        Today is "rubbish bin day". not a world shattering event on the scale of 'things'
        I live in a complex where we each need to place our bin, near our letterboxes at the end of the court in which we live. There are 12 villas in each court, and my villa is towards the end of Rosella Court.
        When I first came here to live it was a considerable challenge to be able to walk that far - twice in the one day - to put the bin out and then to collect it again. Gradually as my walking ability improved I use the time to walk a little further and contemplate on 'things'.
        As I was walking back I was thinking on Cosmic Consciousness as a concept for sharing coincidences - one thought was of course can I send out enough messages on coincidences?
        where will the ideas come from?
        am I that creative?
        will it take too much time?
        do I have the time?
        am I committed enough to start - regularly?
        all the usual 'thoughts' which make us hesitate on taking a new step
        as I dawdled along - (if dawdled is and Australianism it means walking very slowly) -
        I heard quite clearly "rubbish"
        at the same time as "the thought/sound" a flock of birds flew overhead and dozens of feathers fell like drops of rain around me.

        Feathers to me are always messages from the angels, that all is well and you are well protected.
        We are here with you - they say - waiting to guide you in the direction of your choice
        and we do have choice.
        we can accept the messages as given to us each day.
        we can see them
        recognise them
        or ignore
        as we choose.
        We can open our eyes and hearts or we can 'not look'
        this is the message of 'the feather'
        Feathers mean Freedom
        for they drift and settle and float again to another spot where their message will be received.
        You will find a feather in the most unseal of places - if you allow yourself to 'see'.
        feathers tell us to open our hearts
        and allow ourselves to soar into the heavens.
        feathers come in all colours
        they may paper to be white or black or grey
        but when held in the hand their colour reflects back in spectrums of light, sent to train our intuition.
        They speak to us through the third eye, connected to the limbic system, which is the veil we hold over our subconscious mind, sight and hearing.
        feathers speak to our heart
        they are a gift from God
        - or the source within you called by whatever name makes you comfortable.
        Rubbish is that which we throw away
        feathers are the gift received when we clear our thoughts enabling us to move forward

        with love
        from my heart to yours
        Gaele, here in Brisbane Australia on the 12th May, 2005

        more about feathers:

        the midi playing is: Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree

        if you would like to receive Cosmic Consciousness each time they are posted then please email at:
        gaeleaus@...

        These messages may be shared - all I ask is that they be left complete with accreditatation to the original source