Fwd: Make a Difference this Mother’s Day: Say No to Veal!

  • crystalpyramid@snafu.de
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005

      From: "Farm Sanctuary" <office@...>

      Mother's Day is a day to celebrate the loving bond between
      mothers and their children, and to honor that irreplaceable
      relationship. Sadly, mother dairy cows will never have the
      opportunity to celebrate this maternal bond with their calves
      within hours of birth, male calves born in the dairy industry
      are torn from their mothers' protective care, and sent to live
      in isolated, confining crates where they are raised for veal.

      Each year on Mother's Day, compassionate consumers teach human
      mothers and their children about the horror of veal production,
      and urge them to say NO to veal by distributing educational
      materials outside of restaurants that serve cruel veal. Only
      when we eliminate the demand for veal will we allow mother and
      baby cows to celebrate Mother's Day  and we need your help!
      http://www.noveal.org/get_mothersday.htm

      Join the effort, and help stop the cruelty of veal production!

      This year, take action by:

        * Working with Farm Sanctuary to organize a demonstration in
          your area
        * Joining a nearby demonstration that is already planned
        * Contacting restaurants, and urging them to take crated veal
          off their menus

      We will provide all the information and materials you need to
      make your outreach event successful!

      Contact mailto:campaign@farmsanctuary or call 607-583-2225 ext 247
      to learn how you can make this Mother's Day truly meaningful!

      Farm Sanctuary is a national, non-profit organization dedicated
      to ending farm animal abuse through direct rescue and protection
      campaigns. For more information about Farm Sanctuary programs,
      please visit http://www.farmsanctuary.org or call 607-583-2225. To become a Farm Sanctuary member or to make a donation today using
      our secure online form, please click here.
      http://www.farmsanctuary.org/join/donate2.htm. For updates
      on previous action alerts, please click here.
      http://www.farmsanctuary.org/actionalerts/update.htm

      Please forward and distribute widely! Thank you
      Farm Sanctuary, P.O. Box 150 Watkins Glen, NY 14891.