Re: << lovingpurelove >> When Death Comes

  • Lisa Gabriel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2005
      Gosh.... that is beautiful....
      Thank you,
      love,
      Lisa

      Nachiketan <nachiketan@...> wrote:

      When death comes
      Like a hungry bear in autumn
      When death comes and takes all the bright coins from his purse
      To buy me, and snaps the purse shut...
      I want to step through the door full of curiosity, wondering:
      What is it going to be like, that cottage of darkness?
      And therefore, I look upon everything
      As a brotherhood and sisterhood...
      And I think of each life as a flower, as common
      As a field daisy, and as singular
      And each body a lion of courage, and something
      Precious to the earth.
      When it's over, I want to say: all my life
      I was a bride married to amazement
      I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

      Mary Oliver

      Posting message to this list: