About Old People and Trees

  • Nachiketan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29 9:50 PM

      Dear All,

      Namaste,

      I wrote a piece about old people and Trees..and how I feel about them..and am sharing it with you all..I have held on to these thoughts and feelings all my life..so it gives me joy to share them.

      A moment well lived in love is a HeartPoem. So am sharing this with you all.

      This message was in reply to a friends message who wrote that she had planted some roses in her garden.

      **

      We have planted China Roses and some other wild flowers although not in garden but in the gallery in earth pots. When and while I was cut away from the internet..I used to have a talk, chat with the plants..I used to hold their leaves and caress them with my fingers and used to open my heart to them..

      I know certain people in India and aboard who hug trees and talk to plants..it might be considered weird..one of my friend used to tell me all these stories about one such lady who used to hug trees and talk with them saying "I love you"..he found it funny and insane..and asked my opinion about it..I told him..I would rather have her in my world..hugging trees and accept it and honour it rather than to have people insulting others and causing harm..

      There is a very beautiful passage on flowers..in G. Durrells. My Family and Other Animals..I will share it whenever I will find some time.

      I want to add that there is a similar beauty in a tree and the beauty of a old age..when you sit in the shadows of a big tree...it enwraps you in the same love that ones grandparents and elders have for us. People shy away from wrinkles..I feel that is so unfair and sad..a wrinkle on the face has the beauty of a pressed flower..kept inside a book in childhood years..and when you open the book..and find that flower again..although its faded it still holds the colour and fragrance..from your heart. It is so endearing to watch a old woman or man smile..between the gap of their teeth and wrinkles all over their cheeks..its says that there lies a person who has lived a life..and somewhere, somehow it also reminds you of child and of youth..

      God Bless the Trees & old people,

      We need their shadows and love..

      The day we lose value for a old wo/man or a tree..we shall lose hope for tomorrow..I feel the way to through is through day lived yesterday..
      I dont know if it makes sense or not..

      With Much Love,

      Nachi

      P.S. I am sending You Lots of Love and Blessings for your Garden and the Roses.
      Hope they'll bloom big and bring/add colours to your cheeks ;0)

      Funny..if you could talk to me in real life..I would probably speak this way..and say stuff like this..i love this message. and opening up.