Today's Gift - 04/29/05

  • Nachiketan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005

      Today's thought is:

      Releasing the Past

      Today I have the willingness to release myself from the pat and give myself the gift of comprehending all that exists in my present.

      I am tired of being mired in the past, running my every experience through the old damaged notions that seemed to have gotten stamped on every cell in my body. I am tired of using misinformation as if it was truth and recreating over and over for myself the same result. I am tired to the bone and yet when  I try to escape this alone, I sense my efforts are useless.

      I believe that a power greater than myself can release me from the bondage of my past. I ask this higher power to help me now find the truth of my present. It feels unfamiliar to stop the movie of my past from running in the background and encounter silence in its place. But I practice learning to sit still with the quiet. Gradually, I awaken to what is here in my present. I let myself know it is enough. I am well when I let myself be.

      You are reading from the book:

      Daybreak by Maureen Brady

      Copyright 1991 by Maureen Brady. All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. No portion of this publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission of the publisher.

      CONTACT INFORMATION:

      Today's Gift Feedback - todaysgift@...
      Treatment program information - info@...
      Bookstore information - customersupport@...
      Or call us at 1-800-257-7810

      Your privacy is our priority.
      Read our online privacy policy at:
      http://www.hazelden.org/servlet/hazelden/go/privacypolicy

      The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments are solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are informed that any use, dissemination, duplication or disclosure of the material contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system without copying them.