Fw: [NMBeing] New Millennium Being #104 - My Taurus Garden

  • Polly
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2005
      N E W M I L L E N N I U M B E I N G

      MY TAURUS GARDEN - SELF-SUFFICIENCY AND MANIFESTATION

      Number 104 - April 22, 2005
      By Gururattan Kaur Khalsa, Ph.D.

      (A formatted version can be found online:

      http://www.yogatech.com/nmb/backissues/nmb104.html)

      The Sun moved into Taurus grazing pastures April 19th and will stay in this field
      through May 19th. The Scorpio Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse is April 24th at 3:08 AM PDT
      (10:08 AM GMT). The Taurus New Moon is May 8th at 1:46 AM PDT (8:46 AM GMT).

      SECURITY AND PLEASURE IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD

      When the Sun moves into the earth sign Taurus, things seem to calm down a bit. Life
      can feel scattered and frenetic when the Sun is in fiery Aries. We are reborn
      during Aries springtime. The major focus of Aries is to feel alive and to establish
      a sense of Self and Soul. Taurus introduces us to our body, the earth and physical
      things. The Bull's path focuses on its rapport with the physical world. The Bull
      seeks security and stability. Its ultimate goals are pleasure, relaxation and peace.

      Taurus must establish a relationship with the Earth that makes it feel at home,
      comforted and nurtured. Taurus must bring its soul into its physical body and find
      pleasure in embodiment. Taurus must also learn how to manage possessions and the
      material world so that it can satisfy its basic needs. In sum, while the Sun is in
      Taurus we realize that our home is the Earth; we live in a body; and we have needs
      that must be met if we are to feel safe and secure and enjoy our human journey.

      Taurus teaches us that we must learn how to maneuver and manifest in the physical
      world. To do so, we have to have an intimate relationship with the Earth and feel
      taken care of by the Earth Mother. We need to feel supported by her abundant
      generosity, comforted by her beauty and encouraged by the unfoldment of her cycles.
      Our psyche must compute sufficiency -- there is enough for me and everyone else, and
      I will be provided for.

      SCORPIO FULL MOON/LUNAR ECLIPSE - EXAMINING OUR NEEDS

      Taurus gets us in touch with our needs. What do we need to survive? What do we
      need to thrive? What do we need to be happy? How can we get our needs fulfilled?
      This tour through Taurus invites us to deeply examine the questions.

      The Scorpio Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse on April 24th opens our psyche to penetrate to
      the core of these questions, which are both practical and existential. In its quest
      for security, the fixed sign Taurus secretly hopes that once it gets things
      organized they won't change. Its complementary sign Scorpio reminds Taurus that
      everything always changes and evolves. Life, death and rebirth are givens.

      During this Full Moon, Scorpio illuminates our deepest desires and fears. We need
      to be very attentive to our needs and feelings during lunar eclipses. The shadows
      of our emotional programs and unconscious beliefs come into the light. This eclipse
      invites us to engage in an honest emotional inventory. It encourages us to be open
      to review what pulls us away from authentic security, pleasure and peace. The more
      we do so, the less disturbed we will be by this eclipse, and the more we will
      benefit from this opening of consciousness.

      As more Light infuses the Planet, it gets harder and harder to deny our feelings,
      programs and hidden agendas. We can't escape our fears, and we can't hide our
      passions. The good news is that the more we get in touch with our sabotaging
      programming, the more our energy can be released to live our lives fully. Eclipses
      offer us an opportunity to examine what is authentic and what is illusionary. Even
      better, there is support for letting go of the latter and moving forward with our
      dreams.

      SECURITY THROUGH SELF-SUFFICIENCY

      Taurus wants to feels secure. But as Helen Keller pointed out, "Security is mostly
      a superstition." *(1) Our customary attempts to achieve security are generally
      delusionary and often disappointing and disheartening. What ultimately makes Taurus
      feel secure is self-sufficiency. While the Sun is in Taurus we need to talk with
      our Inner Taurus and find out how we can cultivate security and self-sufficiency
      within ourselves.

      Our inner exploration is facilitated by a close square of the Sun and the Moon to
      Neptune. The energy of a square (90 degree angle) calls for action. Action for
      Neptune is translated as connecting with our intuition, meditating and communing
      with nature. We need to slow down and be alone so we can take advantage of the
      expanded bandwidth that allows us to get in touch with other realties. We need to
      trust our intuition and our instincts and dare to explore the inner reaches of our
      psyche.

      A time of introspection is further supported by Neptune going retrograde May 19th.
      When a planet appears to change direction, it slows down and then stops in order to
      shift. This slow motion period is termed stationary. When Neptune is stationary
      the vibe is "Stop and don't think." Let the messages of the universal field
      effortlessly come into awareness. Allow the qualities of the universal field
      resonate in your being.

      CAN WE MEET OUR OWN NEEDS?

      We may return from our inner adventure with some radical adjustments in how we think
      and relate to ourselves and what we have. We may have another understanding of what
      we really want and need. What we thought was solid may be the dust of illusion. We
      many find contentment and comfort simply by enjoying living in our own skin.

      What we are really being asked to do at this time is to take ourselves to the level
      where we can meet our own needs -- where we touch our internal foundation that gives
      us the security we have been looking for outside ourselves. Inside our bodies we
      can experience the Earth and the Universe as our ultimate sources of support. Once
      our physical and emotional bodies compute that the Earth and the Universe are
      supplying us with everything we need, we will not longer project neediness.

      When our internal voice says "I have" instead of "I need" a major shift has
      occurred. Our projection changes from neediness (pleading prayers) to satisfaction
      (gratitude). Satisfaction and gratitude for what we have are the two key elements
      of a prosperous projection. This shift in projection opens pathways for a
      free-flowing exchange between ourselves, the Earth and the Universe. This
      transformation in consciousness makes it possible to manifest and create in ways
      unavailable to us when we send out vibrations of lack and fear of not having enough.
      We may be surprised how things start coming to us effortlessly.

      NEEDS ARE HUMAN

      Moving our psyche from "I need" to "I have" is not about negating our needs. It is
      about cultivating an attitude that facilitates getting our needs met. The optimal
      strategy to get what we need is to match our frequency with the abundant quality of
      the universal field. By definition, being human means that we have physical,
      emotional and spiritual needs that must be satisfied. Being human also means that
      we have to figure out how to do so. Moving out fear into sufficiency is one of the
      ways - and one of our basic human challenges.

      Aries, the first sign in the zodiac and our first human lesson, teaches us to know
      and identify ourselves. Self value is a prerequisite for moving into Taurus
      territory where we identify our needs and learn how to take care of ourselves. Just
      as shame doesn't create a positive sense of self, denial of our needs only sabotages
      our efforts to figure out how to handle the physical plane. Neither shame nor
      denial are access channels to prosperity.

      One way to always cover yourself is give thanks for everything that you receive.
      The magic mantra is THANK YOU. When we express thanks, we are giving back. The
      cycle of giving and receiving is balanced. The circuits for exchange remain open.
      An attitude of gratitude always moves us to the next level. We can learn from our
      breath. When we exhale fully, we receive more air in return. The more we give, the
      more we can receive. (Attitude and breath are not be confused with co-dependent,
      needy giving to get attention and plea bargaining.)

      VIBRATING SATISFACTION

      When we vibrate satisfaction, gratitude and contentment, the Earth and the Universe
      receive messages of prosperity. When we feel prosperous, our Inner Taurus can
      relax and enjoy her green pastures. I love turning my astrological calendar to May
      and contemplating the perfect contentment of the Bull sitting in a beautiful
      environment with flowers around its neck. It is inspiring how much the Bull enjoys
      its physical existence and how appreciative it is of the gifts from its Earth
      Mother, and indeed for the Mother herself. Now is the time to indulge in the
      pleasure of enjoying your own Taurus garden.

      MEDITATION FOR SELF-SUFFICIENCY

      The subject of our introspection this month is self-sufficiency. Ask yourself "What
      do I really need?" Then listen, feel and simply be aware as your body, instincts,
      intuition and heart communicate with you. Listen without judgment, evaluation or
      intervention. Be present with kindness and empathy. Do this for a few minutes
      everyday. Keep going deeper. Boldly and honestly be with yourself. It is all
      about you and no one else. You will find what you need within. You will find your
      soul in your body. You will find a beautiful garden inside your skin. Enjoy the
      pleasure of being in your own perfect garden. Love it with all your heart.

      Then love the Earth that is the source of all our sustenance and pleasures. Love
      the Universe that is the Source of the prana in every breath. Love the Sun for its
      warmth and energy. With every exhale, give back in gratitude. Remember our exhale
      is an inhale for the plants, the trees and the Infinite field.

      MEDITATION FOR INNER CONTENTMENT

      The following meditation can be done to clear our channels and open our inner space
      for introspection on self-sufficiency. This meditation moves us deep inside where
      we can establish an appropriate relationship between our body, the ego and the
      infinite self. We can experience pure contentment inside our skin. In this space
      we can create our own Taurus garden. It is found on page 123 of Relax and Renew.

      (http://www.yogatech.com/relax.html)

      Sit is a meditative posture with a straight spine. The hands are in the lap. The
      back of the left palm is resting on the top of the right palm. The fingers are flat
      pointing out to each side. The forefingers touch at about the first knuckle. The
      thumbs are touching. Eyes are 1/10 open, looking straight ahead and focused at the
      third eye.

      Inhale in 8 equal parts so that the lungs are filled on the 8th sniff. No mantra
      was given for the inhale, but you can silently repeat SA TA NA MA twice. Or simply
      listen to your breath. On the exhale chant WA HE GURU. You don't have to
      completely exhale. Enunciate the WA HE GURU clearly and project out from the third
      eye.

      This meditation is very energizing if the breath is taken seriously and is pumped
      from the navel. To get maximum benefit pull the root lock with the inhales and feel
      the energy go up the spine to the third eye. On the exhale pull the root lock up to
      the navel.

      Practice for 11, 15, 22 or 31 minutes.

      Sit quietly afterwards and be silently and lovingly with your sensations and breath
      inside your skin. Feel the qualities of your inner space and use the pleasurable
      sensations and the energy of the breath to create your own inner garden. At the
      appropriate time for you, include the meditation for self-sufficiency.

      REFERENCES AND FOOTNOTES

      "Scorpio Lunar Eclipse-April 24," "Taurus New Moon -May 8th," Stephanie Austin, The
      Mountain Astrologer, Issue #120 April/May 2005, pp. 108-9.

      ***

      EMAIL

      To contact the publishers, please send email to nmbeing-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Mail sent to the sending address - nmbeing@... will not be seen by anyone.

      COPYRIGHT

      The New Millennium Being is copyright 1999 - 2005 Gururattan Kaur Khalsa, Ph.D.

      REPRODUCTION

      New Millennium Being content may be reproduced, but it must be accompanied by the
      above copyright notice. Gururattan Kaur Khalsa, Ph.D., should be credited as the
      author, and a hyperlink to http://www.yogatech.com/nmb/ should be prominently
      displayed.

      Please let us know when and where you have used our content.

      Please email webmaster@...

      BACK ISSUES

      For issues 1-66 we have an autoresponder service where you can automatically have
      back issues mailed to your address - to use this, send mail to nmbxx@...
      but take care to replace xx with the issue number - 01, 02, 03, etc.

      More recent issues can be found online - http://www.yogatech.com/nmb/index.html

      Yahoo! Groups Links