To Share Words from Louise Hay from her book 'Meditations to Heal Your Life' Today

  • Patti Garrett
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005

      Hello everyone:

      I think I may just have to give up on using the computer at all today, at least in any kind of efficient manner today, because I have run into problems at every turn.  I have to say that before I could get a midi to play for the background on this message, I must have tried to insert at least ten or twelve of them.  They are all in my midi files, but for some reason, the music is not there and all I get is empty air when I try to download them.  Thank goodness, I was finally able to find this one by Bruce DeBoer called "Depths of My Soul' which seems to go just fine with this graphic today.

      The word for today from Louise Hay in this book is 'Caregivers.'  And the main idea is:  'Take care of yourself the best you can,' followed by the affirmation:  'I am a shining light.'

      And the rest of her message for today on this subject is:

      "My body is a miracle.  The bodies of the people I care for are also miracles.  Our bodies know how to handle emergencies, and they know how to rest and replenish themselves (if we listen to them, of course!).  We are learning to listen to our bodies and to give our bodies what they need (at least it is hoped that most of us do this, while others -- like me -- keep ourselves too busy to listen and seem to be too stubborn to do what our bodies would tell us, even if we took time to listen).  Sometimes caring for others is an overwhelming job.  (And although I only did it for a short time on a part-time basis, that is very true!)  It is more than we had ever anticipated.  So we have to learn to ask for help as soon as we need it (rather than after we wear ourselves out).  Whether you are a caretaker or a care-receiver, loving yourself is one of the most important things you can ever do.  When you truly love and accept yourself, exactly as you are, it is as though you shift gears on some level.  Suddenly, you can relax and know, deep in your heart, that All is Well."

      Sorry for the comments but sometimes I just cannot help myself, especially when the subject is something I have experienced as I did with my mother in her last days.  I wish I had been able to do more for her, but I just did not have the strength and stamina because, until she got sick from the effects of her high blood pressure in the last six months of her life, she was in better health than I was.  So if you are a caregiver to someone in your life, even part-time as I was, please always remember to take care of yourself and only do what your body is telling you that you can do every day.

      For now, I am going to say good day to all of you for a while because with all the searching I did on-line and trying to download music today, I have already been on-line for three hours, and my body is telling me that it is time for me to eat some breakfast and take a rest.  And today, I am going to listen because I am just too tired and frustrated not to.

      I do hope all of you are having a great day.  And just for the record, did the ground hog see his shadow or not?  One announcer said he did and one said he didn't, so what is the scoop on that today?

      Peace, love, light and angel hugs to all,

      Patti
    • Patti Garrett
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2005
        Hello everyone again today:

        I used this wonderful stationery again because today the message is about 'Criticism,' and I always cease criticizing myself when I am meditating because then, if no other time, I am thinking nothing but positive thoughts, so I thought sharing this graphic was a good idea to depict that we should all cease criticizing ourselves right now.

        So as I said, the word for today from Louise Hay in this book is 'Criticism.'  And the main idea is for day is :  'As you learn new skills, lovingly support yourself during the learning process.  Always be there for yourself.  And the other thought we need to concentrate on today is: 'I praise myself for big and little things.

        And the rest of her message for today on this subject is:

        "I am a wonderful being.  I used to scold and criticize myself because I believed it would help me improve my life, and yet, cirticism has not imporved me at all over the years.  In fact, criticism seems to make it much harder for me or anyone else to change and progress.  So, as I listen to my inner dialogue and find that I am being critical, telling myself that I am not good enough or that I am doing something wrong, I recognize the old paterns of childhood, and I immediately begin to speak lovingly to my inner child.  Instead of tearing myself apart, I choose to nourish myself with praise and approval.  I know that I am now on the way to becoming consistently loving.

        I am once again watching the movie 'Ghost' as I do every few months because it is one of my most favorite movies and reminds me of the fact that love really does never die and that we do take it with us when we transcend to the other side.  So that is probably the reason I used the midi I used which is 'Colors of Love' by Bruce DeBoer.

        I do hope all of you are having a great day.  I feel pretty good because my e-mail inbox is caught up and I at least have something to feel good about because I did finally finish something completely today, for the first time in a long time.

        So enjoy this message and may your day be filled with joy and touched by love in some special way all day long.