Fw: The Art of Stillness....

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005

      From: Kelly
      Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 3:58 PM
      Subject: The Art of Stillness....

      By Ms. A.J. Mahari

      The Art of Stillness

      Our assimilated cultural values, many of which result from
      ascribing to the well-known "work ethic", often only lend
      worth or credibility to activity and being busy.

      What do you often think if you see someone, in the middle
      of the day, or any time, just sitting in the park, sitting on a
      mall bench? Do you judge them? Do you think that they
      should be doing something ... anything? Do you judge
      yourself this way?

      Making time to sit and be still is so important. Down time
      helps us to think, to feel, to understand, to learn and often
      times it is the vehicle of rest, relaxation, and much needed
      recovery.

      I will set aside time to do nothing. Doing nothing is in and of itself,
      something.

      Practise the art of being still. Sit and contemplate the stars or the
      clouds. Joy surrounds us and we are often too busy to notice and
      to let it in.

      Discover how much energy and renewed  spirit will come from
      the art of simply being ... being still.

      The art of being still is the recognition of the value of silence, nature,
      our own breath and all the richness that exists in the nothingness of
      the fullness of just being.